This apple cinnamon baked oatmeal is fabricated from candy apples, cinnamon, chewy oats held along with applesauce and maple syrup for a scrumptious hearty breakfast.
What are the very best oats to make use of for baked oatmeal?
There are 4 most important varieties of oats:
- Outdated Customary: These oats are steamed after which rolled flat. They create a chewy texture when baked. I choose them in baked oatmeal as a result of they’ve extra texture and bigger crumbles.
- Fast Oats: These oats are steamed, rolled flat after which chopped into smaller items. Some recipes name for fast oats as a result of they’re extra uniform in measurement. They supply much less texture than massive flake oats. They will for certain be used on this recipe – they do cook dinner faster, and may take up a bit much less liquid. You’ll be able to regulate the bake time and milk you add to mirror this.
- Prompt oats: These oats are rolled oats which might be reduce into even smaller items than fast oats. In case you purchase oatmeal packets, they’re sometimes on the spot oats. They’re much finer in texture, and subsequently behave extra like flour as a substitute of oatmeal in baking. You shouldn’t substituted on the spot oats for fast oats or old style oats in baking.
- Metal-cut oats: These are oats that haven’t been steamed and rolled, however simply reduce. They’re exhausting and crunchy. Whereas cooked steel-cut oats are scrumptious for breakfast, they aren’t beneficial for baking until a recipe particularly requires them. Metal-cut oats are additionally generally known as Irish oats.
The kind of oats you employ for this recipe is de facto as much as your choice. I like quaint oats the very best as a result of they make a extra dense chewy texture.
How Do You Retailer Baked Oatmeal?
It would be best to retailer any leftover baked oatmeal within the fridge after it’s baked and you’ve got served it. You’ll be able to cowl it and retailer proper within the pan you baked it in, or switch to an hermetic container. It ought to keep good for as much as 5 days.
Extra Baked Oatmeal Recipes
- 2 cup oats, dry
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, pure
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins elective
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Frivolously coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, stir collectively oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
In one other medium bowl, whisk collectively milk, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, chopped apples, and raisins (if desired). Stir the oat combination into the moist elements.
Sprinkle the highest with pecans and brown sugar
Bake for half-hour or till golden brown and crunchy on high.
Energy: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Sodium: 219mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 26g