This Black Bean Corn Salad is so embarrassingly simple to make (no cooking!), summery recent, and even good for us, it feels 100% like dishonest. Let’s get away with it.
You recognize if you wish to deliver a aspect to a potluck however you don’t truly wish to spend *that* a lot time making it?
You need it to style phenomenal, in fact. Individuals might gush. That’s good too.
You simply don’t wish to truly spend greater than quarter-hour within the kitchen. I’ve been there! Your secret is protected with me.
This black bean corn salad is a recipe for these low-effort, max-reward instances. It’s so dead-simple, it hardly seems like cooking in any respect.
Guess what? Individuals will gush anyway!
As a result of this salad is GOOD.
5 Star Overview
“Simply made this salad tonight as our predominant course! Completely scrumptious!”
— Ansley —
Made with corn, black beans, feta, tomatoes, actually any inexperienced herb, and a squeeze of lime (or balsamic vinegar and even apple cider vinegar), this can be a no-cook/raid-your-garden-and-pantry situation, and it completely works.
I imply, you may get fancy if you’re feeling it—this Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomato can attest to the elevated smokiness that grilled corn provides to a salad—but it surely’s not obligatory by any means.
You’ll be able to even use frozen corn proper out of the bag. That can work too.
Along with being a dynamite summer time aspect, this wholesome black bean and corn salad has predominant dish potential.
Black beans and corn are wholesome (good day fiber and protein), so this salad is a springboard for different wholesome recipes.
Learn how to Simply Lower Corn from the Cob
Bored with the kernels you chop from the cob flying throughout your counter? Listed here are a number of concepts to attempt.
- Stand the corn up in a shallow bowl, and really fastidiously use a pointy knife to chop alongside the perimeters of the cob. The bowl will catch all of the kernels.
- Lay the corn on a reducing board, and lower the kernels off one aspect of the cob. Rotate the cob so the lower (flat) aspect is down, and lower one other aspect. Proceed till all sides are accomplished.
- Stand the corn up within the gap of a bundt pan, and thoroughly lower the kernels off of every aspect. The kernels will fall off the cob and into the bundt pan.
Learn how to Make Black Bean Corn Salad
When summer time desires to be a salad, it’s this corn and black bean salad with feta.
Simple, breezy, and bountiful, that is laid-back cooking at its greatest.
- Black Beans. Creamy and hearty, beans make this salad extra filling. Black beans are wholesome too. They’re full of fiber and potassium.
- Corn. A candy match for the black beans! Whereas corn can get a nasty rap for being starchy, it does provide some fantastic well being advantages. Corn is an effective supply of fiber and comprises oodles of nutritional vitamins.
- Tomatoes. Juicy bursts of candy tomato taste are delicious with the corn and black beans.
- Feta. A creamy, salty, tacky addition, it offers a nod to Mexican avenue corn.
- Herbs. I used a mixture of mint and cilantro. The mint is very stunning and refreshing. Any mix of tender backyard herbs will work nicely.
- Lime Juice. Brings brightness and zip to each chunk.
- Place the corn kernels in a big bowl with the remainder of the salad components (save among the feta for serving).
- Stir and prime with the remaining feta.
- Let set within the fridge for a couple of minutes (in the event you can resist). DIG IN!
- Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad. For added creaminess, add 1 diced avocado, both along with or instead of the feta. Since avocado can flip brown, wait so as to add till inside 1 hour of serving. This can be a nice possibility in the event you want the salad to be vegan or dairy free. (The salad is already gluten free.)
- Sautéed Corn Black Bean Salad. Warmth 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the corn and prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, till golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. (If utilizing canned or frozen, thawed corn, pat it dry first.) Let cool, then add to the salad as directed.
- Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salad. In a mixing bowl, coat the corn kernels with 2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil. Unfold the kernels into a good layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400 levels F for 15 to twenty minutes, or till browned, tossing a couple of times all through (watch fastidiously on the finish so that they don’t burn!). Let cool, then add to the salad as directed.
- Grilled Corn Black Bean Tomato Salad. Evenly char the ears on a grill over medium warmth; let cool, and lower the kernels from the cob. Add to the salad as directed.
- Honey Lime Dressing. For a black bean and corn salad with honey-lime dressing (YUM!), add 2 tablespoons honey to the dressing components.
- To Retailer. Leftovers will be saved in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
This recipe is simple to make forward, and black bean corn salad can final a number of days within the fridge. Strive your leftovers in one in every of these artistic methods.
- As a Burrito or Quesadilla. Heat up the leftovers, then tuck them right into a tortilla, and revel in it as a burrito or pan fry it, quesadilla-style. Add some Grilled Rooster Tenders for added protein.
- With Grains. Toss this salad along with your favourite cooked grain. Quinoa black bean corn salad sounds tasty!
- As a Salad. Pile it onto a mattress of lettuce for a simple salad variation. Drizzle with further lime juice and olive oil for a fast dressing.
- As a Dip. Serve this as a dip with a aspect of tortilla chips for a spin on black bean and corn salsa.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Greatest Chef’s Knife
A pointy, high-quality chef’s knife is a necessary kitchen instrument. It would make meal prep a breeze!
Black Bean Corn Salad Video
In case you take pleasure in this black bean corn salad video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel. You’ll want to click on the BELL icon so that you will be the primary to know once we publish a brand new video (and thanks for subscribing!).
- 2 cups corn kernels from 4 to five ears, or frozen corn kernels*
- 1 14-ounce can diminished sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup chopped recent mint basil, parsley, or cilantro (or a combination!)**
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from about 1 lime***
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled (about 1 cup), divided
Place your corn kernels in a big mixing bowl. If utilizing recent kernels, embody any of the milk that comes off the cob. If utilizing frozen corn, you don’t even must thaw all of it the best way first.
To the bowl, add the black beans, tomatoes, mint, olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, and two-thirds of the feta.
Stir to mix, then style and alter the salt and pepper as desired. Sprinkle the ultimate one-third feta excessive.
If time permits, place within the fridge to set for quarter-hour. Take pleasure in!
- *For choices to roast, grill, or saute the corn earlier than including it to the salad, see the weblog publish above. My favourite solution to make this (as a result of it’s the perfect assembly level between extraordinarily simple and scrumptious) is to make use of corn lower freshly from the cob, with out cooking it in any respect.
- **My favourite is a mix of half mint, half cilantro. For individuals who don’t look after cilantro, basil can be fantastic and really summery.
- ***Rather than lime, you’ll be able to mess around with 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or ½ to 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (apple cider vinegar is the strongest). If the salad comes out too acidic in your style with one of many vinegars, drizzle in a little bit honey or sprinkle on some sugar to steadiness it.
- TO STORE: Leftovers will be saved in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Serving: 1(of 6)Energy: 240kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 11gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 17mgPotassium: 515mgFiber: 8gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 649IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 131mgIron: 3mg
Be a part of right this moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.