A totally nutritious, cool, and creamy smoothie that additionally tastes like blueberry pie? Depend me in! This Blueberry Smoothie really delivers the very best of all worlds.
Recently, I’ve been looking for new and thrilling methods to sneak extra protein, fruits, and veggies into my day, and smoothies are certainly one of my favourite go-to morning and afternoon boosts.
When planning our month-long Yummiest Ever Smoothie Collection (see this Inexperienced Smoothie, this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie, and this Peach Smoothie in the event you’d prefer to catch up), I began by brainstorming which fruits are good for smoothies.
Berries, like blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries, together with bananas are a number of the greatest, most scrumptious, and wholesome fruits so as to add to a smoothie, with blueberries being my favourite.
They’re simple to maintain within the freezer they usually remind me of summer season, identical to this creamy Watermelon Smoothie.
This delicious blueberry banana smoothie tastes deeply fruity, refreshing, and richly satisfying.
Each sip makes me consider a protracted summer season day, and I really feel 100% fabulous having fun with one thing that tastes this good and is sweet for me too!
5 Star Evaluation
“This is likely one of the greatest smoothies I’ve made!! My new favourite and it is vitally filling.”
— Kathryn —
The right way to Make A Wholesome Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberry smoothies are good for you, and this one additionally contains the perk of being utterly and completely scrumptious.
It’s bursting with contemporary blueberry style, sure, however what actually units this Greek yogurt blueberry banana smoothie aside is that its taste is harking back to a slice of contemporary blueberry pie with a creamy scoop of ice cream. Yum and YUM!
This smoothie is thick, luxurious, and craving-worthy, as any self-respecting pie imitator ought to be.
It additionally presents protein and wholesome fat, so you possibly can depend on it preserving you full all morning.
- Frozen Blueberries. The star of the present!
- Frozen Banana. Banana is sweet in smoothies as a result of it provides pure sweetness and makes the smoothie thick and creamy. For a blueberry smoothie (no banana), take a look at my Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie.
- Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt. Protein-packed Greek yogurt provides this smoothie the increase it must be further satisfying.
- Rolled Oats. Oats give the smoothie physique, make it extra filling, and add a delicate “crust” vibe. (For an additional oat-packed choice, take a look at this Oatmeal Smoothie!)
- Almond Butter. Helps make the smoothie extra satisfying and offers it wealthy taste. Should you choose peanut butter, you possibly can do this as a blueberry banana peanut butter smoothie as a substitute.
- Vanilla + Cinnamon. The important thing substances that take this from being a fundamental blueberry smoothie to 1 that tastes like a blueberry pie in a glass.
- Almond Milk. I selected to make this a vanilla almond milk blueberry smoothie, however you should use any milk you’ve gotten readily available. Making this a blueberry smoothie with milk helps us attain the best consistency.
- Add all of the substances to a blender.
- Puree till easy. ENJOY!
Make this right into a blueberry smoothie bowl by including a number of ice cubes and extra frozen blueberries to make it as thick as attainable. Pour it right into a bowl and add favourite toppings. Contemporary blueberries, banana slices, or granola could be tasty! Seize a spoon and luxuriate in.
- To Retailer. Cowl and refrigerate leftovers for as much as 1 day.
- To Freeze. Freeze smoothies in an hermetic freezer-safe storage jar for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
You too can make your smoothie prematurely, then pour it into an ice dice try to freeze for as much as 3 months. If you find yourself able to serve, add your required variety of smoothie cubes to a blender and puree.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Blueberry Smoothie
This blender is a piece horse that can serve you nicely for years (and years) to come back! It additionally makes soups, nut butter, and a lot extra.
I hope this blueberry smoothie with banana provides a style of healthful decadence to your morning the best way it does ours. What’s your favourite smoothie you’ve tried currently? I’d love to listen to from you within the feedback under!
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ medium banana, reduce into slices and frozen (about ⅓ cup sliced or 50 g)
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons quaint rolled oats
- ½ tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Optionally available: ½ scoop unflavored or vanilla protein powder if utilizing vanilla, cut back quantity of vanilla extract to ¼ teaspoon
- Optionally available: 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
Place the blueberries, bananas, Greek yogurt, oats, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, almond milk, and protein powder (if utilizing) in your blender and puree till easy.
If the smoothie appears too thick, add extra almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time, till you attain your required consistency. Style and add maple syrup for sweetness as desired. Take pleasure in instantly.
Serving: 1smoothieEnergy: 242kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 10gFats: 7gSaturated Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 3mgPotassium: 442mgFiber: 6gSugar: 17gVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 158mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.