Right here to satisfy your breakfast fantasies, Cauliflower Hash Browns!
This low-carb model of a traditional breakfast fave is crispy on the skin, tender on the within, and excellent for pairing along with your favourite brunch recipes.
Cauliflower hash browns provide you with that lazy weekend, diner breakfast satisfaction, in a extra nutritious package deal.
You possibly can even serve them as a kid-friendly aspect with dinner.
Dip ‘em with ketchup (or my private favourite, scorching sauce) and even the veggies skeptics gained’t have the opportunity to withstand!
Whereas some wholesome choices style like a shadow of the real-deal, as with my Candy Potato Hash Browns, this good-for-you cauliflower twist is tasty sufficient to be true to the unique.
The recipe takes a couple of steps, however they’re straightforward, and if you are going to buy pre-riced cauliflower (both contemporary or frozen) it’s even sooner.
Cauliflower hash browns additionally reheat like a dream, so you possibly can prep a giant batch at the start of the week, then get pleasure from them on demand.
The best way to Make This Recipe
Utilizing cauliflower in recipes that historically name for potatoes is one in all my go-to wholesome swaps (this Cauliflower Casserole is one other favourite).
Should you’ve been on the lookout for a solution to get pleasure from hash browns which might be good for you (or in the event you want hash browns you possibly can eat on the keto food regimen, which is changing into increasingly more common), this recipe is a perfect possibility.
Whereas some manufacturers promote pre-made frozen cauliflower hash browns, there’s no purpose to search for the place to purchase them. This contemporary recipe takes only a few easy components and beats something you’ll discover in a freezer!
- Cauliflower. Along with oodles of nutritional vitamins, fiber, antioxidants, and choline, this extremely nutritious veggie acts as a superb clean canvas. Its gentle taste makes it extremely versatile and excellent for this low-carb tackle hash browns.
- Egg. Helps maintain our hash browns collectively.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese. For an unmistakably tacky taste, sharp cheddar cheese is the most effective. It pairs splendidly with the cauliflower and provides these hash browns spectacular taste.
- Parmesan. It’s the salty, tacky, umami issue that makes these good for you hash browns really harking back to the true deal!
- Spices. Just a little salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika give the hash browns scrumptious depth and a tiny trace of spice. Should you want a extra spicy hash brown, add extra cayenne or prime them with scorching sauce.
The important thing to crispy hash browns is to ensure you squeeze as a lot moisture as attainable from the greens. I exploit a clear kitchen towel. The broiler will end the job to make the exteriors gloriously golden.
- Microwave the cauliflower rice. Cool the rice on a towel.
- Use the towel to squeeze moisture from the rice.
- Beat the egg in a mixing bowl. Add the cheeses and spices.
- Stir within the cauliflower.
- Create hash brown patties and lay them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 levels F for quarter-hour, rotating the pan midway by means of. Broil on LOW for five minutes. Don’t allow them to burn. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate hash browns in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F.
- To Freeze. Bake the hash browns as directed. Let cool, then lay hash browns in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze till strong. Switch the frozen hash browns to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container, and freeze for as much as 3 months. Reheat from frozen.
Use your leftover hash browns on this Whole30 Breakfast Casserole recipe, or serve them with sausage and an egg on prime for a hearty, all-in-one breakfast. In addition they make a scrumptious, straightforward, and kid-friendly aspect dish for lunches and dinners.
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Greatest Baking Sheets
Heavy-duty, high-quality baking sheets are a must have kitchen software. They’re supreme for baking, roasting, and extra!
Pour me some scorching espresso and go me the pancakes (low carb Coconut Flour Pancakes maybe?)! This recipe is diner meals consolation, finished lighter and brighter!
- 3 cups riced cauliflower from about 1 ¼ kilos or ½ medium head cauliflower or thawed frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 massive egg
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon floor black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika or ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
Place racks within the middle and higher third of your oven. Preheat the oven to 400 levels F. Generously coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
Place the cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on excessive, uncovered, for two minutes.
Unfold the cauliflower onto a clear, dry kitchen towel and let cool for five minutes; preserve the cauliflower pretty centered on the towel.
Carry the perimeters of the towel up and across the cauliflower to make a handbag. Squeeze as a lot moisture out of the cauliflower as attainable. The drier it’s, the crispier the cauliflower hash browns will likely be.
To a big, dry mixing bowl, add the egg. Evenly beat it with a fork, then stir within the cheddar, Parmesan, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
Add the cauliflower to the bowl and blend to completely mix.
Divide the cauliflower combination into 8 equal parts. Working one portion at a time, squeeze the portion firmly right into a ball along with your arms, then gently flatten along with your arms to form into patties which might be about ½-inch thick. Prepare the patties evenly on the baking sheet, leaving not less than 1 inch of house between every.
Bake on the middle rack till flippantly browned and set, about quarter-hour, rotating the pan 180 levels midway by means of.
Flip the broiler to low. Switch the pan to the upper-third rack and bake till crispy on prime, about 5 minutes. Watch very fastidiously in order that the hash browns don’t burn.
Let cool on the baking sheet for five minutes to set. Take pleasure in scorching.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate hash browns in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F.
- TO FREEZE: Bake as directed, then let cool to room temperature. Lay hash browns in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze till strong. Switch the frozen hash browns to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container, and freeze for as much as 3 months. Reheat from frozen.
Serving: 1(of 8)Energy: 80kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 6gFats: 5gSaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 34mgPotassium: 197mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 194IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 127mgIron: 1mg
Be part of in the present day and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.