When’s the final time you ate hen Alfredo? This creamy, tacky Hen Alfredo Bake is right here to remind you that it’s been too lengthy.
A comfortable baked pasta casserole that mixes three of essentially the most universally beloved meals—hen, Alfredo sauce, and cheese—this pasta recipe is pure consolation.
It’s additionally straightforward to make, nice leftover, and freezer pleasant!
Additional, I can provide private testimony that, if ever a recipe have been to be kid-approved, it’s hen Alfredo.
When my dad first moved out on his personal, his novice cooking abilities (mixed together with his daughters’ choosy consuming habits) meant that fifty% of our dinners concerned including hen, cooked pasta, and extra cheese to a jar of retailer purchased Alfredo sauce.
We LOVED IT and requested my dad make it each time we came visiting.
(Greens similar to cooked broccoli can be an awesome addition to retailer purchased Alfredo sauce, however we weren’t into that concept again then.)
At the moment’s recipe is bound to be met with the identical enthusiasm, however it’s a wholesome hen Alfredo bake that’s higher for you than something you’d discover in a restaurant or from a jar.
The right way to Make Hen Alfredo Bake
The important thing to protecting this baked pasta wholesome is a simple home made wholesome Alfredo sauce.
I do know the jar is tempting however Alfredo sauce is SO EASY to make from scratch and so significantly better for you.
The one elements you want for home made Alfredo are milk, a contact of butter, flour, hen broth, garlic, and Parmesan cheese, plus every other spices you care to toss in.
The spices I like greatest in Alfredo are onion powder, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of pink pepper flakes for warmth.
- Entire Wheat Pasta. A easy, wholesome swap, entire wheat pasta packs further fiber into this dish. I like to recommend utilizing a brief “tube” selection similar to cavatappi, ziti, penne, or fusilli.
- Butter + Flour + Garlic. Butter, flour, and garlic create the bottom for our decadent-tasting home made sauce. The butter and garlic give it that beloved taste, and the flour helps thicken the whole lot up.
- Milk + Hen Broth. The liquid elements of the sauce. I like to recommend utilizing 1%, 2%, or entire milk to present the sauce richness.
- Spices. Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, pepper, and pink pepper flakes make the sauce memorable.
- Parmesan. The Alfredo sauce MVP!
Freshly grated Parmesan (not the type within the inexperienced can) is a MUST HAVE for Alfredo sauce. It’s essentially the most important ingredient, so don’t skip it. The good things is value it right here!
- Provolone. For that beautiful ooey-gooey, melty, tacky pasta bake, we flip to shredded provolone cheese (mozzarella would additionally work properly right here).
- Shredded Hen. Utilizing cooked, shredded hen is a simple method to shave break day of this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt offers the sauce a creamy texture. It really works in concord with the cheeses to assist thicken the sauce with out the necessity for heavy cream.
- Prepare dinner and drain the pasta.
- Soften the butter, then stir within the flour.
- Add the garlic.
- Whisk within the milk and broth. Stir within the spices.
- Let simmer, stirring incessantly. Take away from the warmth.
- Add a part of the Parmesan, then stir within the yogurt.
- Stir the hen and sauce into the pasta.Switch half of the combination to a baking dish, and sprinkle half of the provolone cheese on prime.
- Add the remaining pasta combination, then end it with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake the hen Alfredo at 375 levels F for 15 to twenty minutes. Let relaxation for a couple of minutes, then ENJOY!
Serve this recipe with Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, or Pinot Noir.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate hen Alfredo in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F or gently within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
If freezing, to assist with the feel after thawing, refrigerate the pasta bake first or let it cool utterly earlier than inserting it within the freezer.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Finest Sauté Pan
You’ll discover infinite makes use of for this high-quality pan in your kitchen. It’s good for thus many recipes!
One pan of creamy baked hen Alfredo consolation coming proper up! I think this casserole recipe will change into a daily request in your house too.
- 1 pound entire wheat pasta similar to cavatappi, ziti, penne, or fusilli
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ¾ cup milk really helpful: 1%, 2%, or entire
- 1 (14-ounce) can low sodium hen broth (or 1 ¾ cups low sodium hen broth)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning or ½ teaspoon dried thyme and 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon pink pepper flakes
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese divided (MUST be freshly grated; no can!)
- ½ cup low fats plain Greek yogurt* I used 2%
- 3 ½ cups cooked shredded hen** (about 3 medium breasts)
- 1 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese about 4 ounces—I like to recommend shredding your self for the perfect melty sauce, divided
- Chopped contemporary parsley for serving
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F. Coat a big, 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
Prepare dinner pasta to al dente in response to bundle directions. Watch out to not overcook so the pasta bake doesn’t change into mushy. Drain right into a colander, shaking off any extra water, and return the pasta to the identical, now empty pot.
In the meantime, soften the butter in a massive, huge sauté pan over medium warmth. Add the flour and cook dinner, stirring continuously, for 1 minute.
Add the garlic and cook dinner 30 seconds, till aromatic.
Scale back the warmth to low. Slowly add the milk and hen broth, whisking continuously to take away any lumps.
Stir within the Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and pink pepper.
Carry the combination to a simmer. Prepare dinner, stirring incessantly, till the sauce thickens and reduces by a bit of greater than a 3rd, about 8 to 10 minutes extra. Take away from the warmth.
Stir ½ cup of the Parmesan. Let cool 1 minute. Stir within the Greek yogurt.
Add the hen and sauce to the pot with the pasta and stir to evenly mix.
Unfold half of the pasta into the ready baking dish in a single layer. Sprinkle with ½ cup of the provolone cheese.
Add the remaining pasta, spreading it evenly on prime. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup Parmesan and ½ cup provolone.
Bake the hen Alfredo for 15 to twenty minutes, or till it’s sizzling and bubbly, and the cheese on prime is melted and starting to show golden. Let relaxation for five minutes. Sprinkle with contemporary parsley and revel in!
*When you don’t want a complete tub of Greek yogurt, search for the person sizes (that is what I exploit!). You can also use non-fat yogurt, however you should definitely let the sauce cool just a few further minutes, as non-fat dairy merchandise tend to curdle. Low fats is my best choice for the perfect creamy sauce! You can also swap bitter cream.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate hen Alfredo in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm leftovers in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F or gently within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1(of 10)Energy: 407kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 31gFats: 14gSaturated Fats: 7gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 65mgPotassium: 391mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 447IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 341mgIron: 3mg
Be part of at present and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.