In undergrad, probably the most impactful occasions to grip my tiny faculty city was the opening of Chipotle. Each chew of this do-it-yourself hen Chipotle Bowl takes me again to these wonderful moments in a strip mall 4 miles from campus.
In anticipation of opening day, college students camped out on the sidewalk in a single day, the true fans wrapping themselves in aluminum foil to match the chain’s signature burrito packaging.
Since that second after I sunk my tooth into my very first Chipotle hen burrito—or quite since that second after I took a extremely massive chew of the highest third as a result of THEY ARE SO BIG—I’ve been a Chipotle believer.
Now that I’m older and wiser, nonetheless, I a lot desire the burrito bowl.
Historically rice, pinto or black beans, your protein of alternative, and extra toppings like salsa, tomatoes, cheese, and bitter cream are available in a bowl at Chipotle. Avocado is additional—one other compelling purpose to make your personal!
Consider a burrito bowl as a burrito with out the tortilla. However higher.
Why I Love this Chipotle Bowl Recipe
Solely an individual with a mouth broad sufficient to swallow a bowling ball may chew all over a Chipotle burrito, so most of us are left nibbling separate bits of chilly bitter cream and sizzling beans.
The burrito bowl? By mixing collectively the substances, you get a bit little bit of the good things in each chew.
This tasty Chipotle bowl is the best way to go!
As an extra bonus, this recipe is superb for wholesome meal prep. See beneath for suggestions.
5 Star Evaluation
“I’m severely obsessedddddd with these bowls! These may simply put Chipotle outta enterprise. Superior!”
A Wholesome Quick Meals Favourite You Can Make at Dwelling
Whereas Chipotle is among the higher quick meals choices on the market, to name a bowl from Chipotle “wholesome” generally is a stretch, particularly once you consider the entire toppings. (With all of the fixings, a Chipotle bowl can run over 800 energy.)
This do-it-yourself burrito bowl, nonetheless, delivers a complete dietary package deal that’s slimmer on energy with out sacrificing an oz of taste.
It’s additionally value efficient.
A Chipotle bowl prices between $8 and $10, relying upon the protein you select. Think about additional toppings (like avocado) and multiply in case you are feeding a household, and it provides up shortly.
Making your Chipotle bowl at residence presents a much more pleasant worth level per serving.
The best way to Make a Copycat Chipotle Bowl
This better-for-you model of the quick meals favourite is a filling, tremendous delicious, all-in-one meal.
It’s additionally a dream for meal prep. You may assemble the entire parts upfront, portion them into containers, then reheat for nutritious meals on demand.
- Quinoa. The bottom of our healthful hen burrito bowl. My wholesome spin on Chipotle’s signature cilantro lime rice. Quinoa presents way more fiber and protein than white rice.
- Rooster Breast. A scrumptious lean protein alternative for these burrito bowls. It’s seasoned and grilled to perfection.
- Lime. Lime juice provides taste and acidity to each the quinoa and the hen. I additionally used the lime zest on the hen breasts.
- Purple Onion. Crisp and vigorous for a burrito bowl.
- Cilantro. Added to our quinoa to imitate the beloved Chipotle cilantro lime rice.
- Black Beans. Black beans assist make this bowl extremely satisfying and provides it distinct southwest aptitude.
- Corn. Candy, juicy corn is a must have in our burrito bowls. Both canned, recent, or frozen corn will work nice.
- Cherry Tomatoes. Add a burst of sweetness to each chew.
- Jalapeño. For a contact of warmth.
- The Dressing. A combination of olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper, the dressing for these bowls is vivid, mild, and full heat spice.
- Avocado. As a result of at residence, we don’t get charged additional. Pile it on!
- Pound the hen breasts.
- Rub the oil, spices, lime zest, and juice on the hen. Let it relaxation.
- Prepare dinner the quinoa, then fluff it with a fork.
- Whisk the dressing substances collectively.
- Toss the dressing with the quinoa and cilantro.
- Grill the hen over medium-high warmth.
- Cube the hen, then add it to the quinoa with the crimson onion.
- Stir the beans, corn, tomatoes, and jalapeño into the combination. Serve with desired toppings. DIG IN!
- Rooster and Rice Burrito Bowl. When you desire utilizing rice in your burrito bowl, swap in both white or brown rice for the quinoa on this recipe.
- Chipotle Steak Burrito Bowl Recipe. Swap the hen for diced items of cooked steak.
- Chipotle Vegetarian Bowl Recipe. Omit the hen, or add in items of cooked and crumbled tofu.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm burrito bowls in a big skillet on the stovetop over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Plan Tip
Grill the hen, cook dinner the quinoa, chop the jalapeño, tomatoes, and crimson onion, and whisk the dressing substances collectively as much as 1 day upfront. Refrigerate every merchandise in a separate hermetic storage container till you’re prepared to mix.
Flip leftovers into a real burrito by wrapping them in a tortilla. This burrito bowl would even be tasty served over a mattress of lettuce for a hearty salad.
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Greatest Grill Pan
A grill pan is fantastic for instances when it’s too chilly or wet to grill outdoor. This one is heavy-duty and oven-safe.
All the Chipotle burrito bowl goodness for a fraction of the energy, no upcharge for avocado, and we didn’t even want to face in line.
I’m so excited, I may wrap myself in foil!
For the Burrito Bowls:
- 2 boneless skinless hen breasts about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 small crimson onion diced
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup chopped recent cilantro plus extra for serving
- 1 can black beans (14 ounces) rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn (14 ounces) drained, or 1 ½ cups recent or frozen corn (thawed if frozen)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes about 1 pint
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon floor chili powder
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper use much less or omit if delicate to spice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For Serving (non-compulsory):
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- Shredded cheese
- Non-fat plain Greek yogurt or bitter cream
Place the hen breasts on a reducing board with some house between and canopy with a big piece of plastic wrap. With a mallet, flippantly pound the meat to a good thickness so. Place in a shallow dish.
High the hen with the olive oil, salt, pepper, lime zest, and lime juice. Rub and switch to coat. Let relaxation at the very least quarter-hour whilst you prep the opposite substances or refrigerate for as much as 8 hours (let stand at room temperature at the very least 10 minutes previous to cooking). Preheat an out of doors grill or indoor grill pan to medium excessive (about 425 to 450 levels F).
Place the crimson onion in a small bowl and canopy with water (this takes off a number of the crimson onion’s chew whereas preserving its taste. You may skip if you happen to like uncooked crimson onion simply as it’s). Put aside.
Put together the quinoa in accordance with package deal instructions. As soon as cooked, fluff with a fork, then switch to a big mixing bowl.
To make the dressing, in a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk collectively the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, and black pepper.
Drizzle over the nice and cozy quinoa, then add cilantro, and toss to mix.
Evenly oil the grill. Grill the hen till fully cooked by means of and the temperature on an prompt learn thermometer reads 160 to 165 levels, about 8 to 12 minutes complete, flipping a few times all through. The period of time you want will range primarily based on the dimensions and thickness of every breast. Take away to a plate, cowl, and let relaxation 5 minutes.
Lower into bite-sized items and add to the bowl with the quinoa.
Drain the crimson onion, then add to the bowl with the quinoa.
Gently stir within the black beans, corn, tomato, and jalapeno. Serve heat with a sprinkle of recent cilantro and any desired toppings.
Serving: 1(of 6), with out toppingsEnergy: 385kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 19gFats: 15gSaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 24mgPotassium: 665mgFiber: 8gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 440IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 3mg
Be part of immediately and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.