Do you might have a meal that’s so intimately linked with a reminiscence, it represents much more to you than a group of substances? Fellow meals lover that you’re, I believe you do. That’s how I really feel about this Crock Pot Moroccan Hen.
Warmly spiced with cinnamon and cumin, sweetened with golden raisins, and protein-rich with chickpeas and juicy hen, this wholesome crockpot hen recipe is reassuring, filling, and addictive. It’s a incredible, straightforward crockpot hen recipe it is best to add to your menu this week.
For me, nevertheless, it tastes one thing of greater than heat spices: its taste is certainly one of heat welcome, hospitality, and a joyful evening with new pals.
Although I haven’t been to Morocco (bucket checklist!), Moroccan meals has been an indicator in lots of blissful reminiscences.
After I returned to go to my host household France practically a decade later, my host mother cooked Ben and myself a Moroccan hen tagine (you’ll find this stellar recipe in The Properly Plated Cookbook, and an previous recollection of our little French reunion right here).
After I first moved to Minneapolis, a brand new pal invited me over for Moroccan dinner evening. All of us sat on the ground, ate an excessive amount of couscous, and laughed like we’d identified one another for years as an alternative of hours.
And most lately once I moved to Milwaukee, one other couple I barely knew invited me over to share the straightforward, wholesome meal they’d ready for themselves that evening, this gradual cooker Moroccan hen.
I requested if a) I may have the recipe and b) if I may publish it publicly, as a result of, properly I’ve this job that’s sort of exhausting to elucidate to folks whenever you first meet them. 🙂
Thankfully, they agreed and right here we’re!
5 Star Evaluate
“The one mistake I made with this recipe was not doubling it! Really easy to make and but nutritious. My household and pals thanks!”
— Debra —
The best way to Make Crockpot Moroccan Hen
Like a lot of my favourite wholesome crockpot hen recipes, this one is family-friendly, straightforward to prep forward, and tastes glorious leftover too.
- Hen Thighs. As with my Sluggish Cooker Honey Garlic Hen recipe, I strongly suggest utilizing hen thighs. They’re much less prone to overcook and maintain up properly to the daring Moroccan flavors on this recipe.
- Chickpeas. Moroccan flavors and chickpeas are an ideal match (simply ask this Moroccan Chickpea Salad). Plus, they’re filled with nutritional vitamins and fiber.
- Tomatoes + Bell Peppers. Stunning and nutritious pops of coloration. The tomatoes assist add wealthy taste to the sauce.
- Golden Raisins. Scrumptious little candy morsels and a traditional ingredient in Moroccan cooking. They style pretty beside the spices.
- Tomato Paste. Helps make the sauce style prefer it’s been simmering away all day.
- Spices. Cumin, cinnamon, and paprika convey this dish to life. They’re daring (however not spicy), heat, and earthy.
- Creamy Peanut Butter. Peanut butter offers the sauce physique and provides one other layer of deep, advanced, and nutty taste. Not a peanut butter fan? You should utilize any nut butter you get pleasure from right here.
- Add every little thing however the hen and nut butter to a gradual cooker, then stir.
- Scatter the hen excessive.
- Cook dinner on LOW for six to eight hours or on HIGH for two to three hours.
- Stir within the nut butter.
- Function desired and ENJOY!
Crock pot Moroccan hen cooks in about two hours on excessive or six hours on low, however you’ll be able to let it go for even longer when you’ve got a programmable gradual cooker like this one that robotically shifts to “maintain heat” as soon as the cooking time is completed.
The best way to Serve Moroccan Hen
Our favourite method to serve crock pot Moroccan hen is with a scrumptious grain. Listed here are just a few concepts:
- With Rice. Brown rice, white rice, or cauliflower rice would all be tasty.
- With Quinoa. The nutty taste of quinoa would pair properly with this dish.
- With Couscous. This hen and Moroccan Couscous could be a wonderful pairing.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate hen in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftover hen in a Dutch oven on the stovetop over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Plan Tip
Cube the hen, tomatoes, peppers, and onion as much as 1 day upfront. Retailer every individually within the fridge.
Pile this Moroccan hen over a mattress of greens for a hearty, straightforward salad.
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
Programmable Sluggish Cooker
Whether or not you’re on the lookout for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts, or drinks, there’s a crockpot recipe on my website. This kitchen equipment is a must have!
This crock pot Moroccan hen is among the very first recipes I shared on my weblog. I hope that it results in blissful reminiscences for you too!
Newest Properly Plated Cookbook Information & Occasions
- BONUS: Properly Plated Spring Brunch Entertaining Information – Yours FREE with any cookbook order from now till Mom’s Day, Could ninth. The Properly Plated Cookbook has greater than 1,900 5-star critiques and is an ideal present for somebody you’re keen on (and for your self too!). Merely buy your ebook, then funwell out this way. (You possibly can learn extra in regards to the information right here.) NEED NEW LINKS!
- The Properly Plated Fb Neighborhood. This group lights up my life! We’ve been sharing our newest culinary creations, suggestions, and each day encouragement. Be part of right here.
- Evaluations♥. In case you ordered the ebook and are having fun with it, please please take a second to go away a overview on Amazon. It solely takes just a few seconds, and people 5-stars are vital for first-time authors. It means a lot to me too.
- By no means Miss Out! Keep within the know with my hottest recipes and newest cookbook occasions through electronic mail! It’s 100% free and you’ll unsubscribe at any time. Join right here.
- 2 cans diminished sodium chickpeas (15 ounce cans), rinsed and drained
- 1 can complete tomatoes (28 ounces), drained and minimize into 1-inch cubes
- 2 massive bell peppers seeded and minimize into 1-inch items
- 1 medium pink onion chopped
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon floor cumin
- 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ kilos boneless skinless hen thighs, minimize into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons creamy unsalted peanut butter almond butter, or different nut butter of alternative (I used all pure peanut butter)
- Ready brown rice quinoa, or complete wheat couscous, for serving
Within the backside of a 4 to 6-quart gradual cooker, stir collectively the chickpeas, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, golden raisins, tomato paste, water, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, and salt.
Scatter the hen items excessive.
Cowl and cook dinner till the hen is tender and cooked via, about 6-8 hours on LOW or 2-3 hours on HIGH.
Stir within the nut butter.
Serve over rice, quinoa, or couscous, garnished with contemporary cilantro.
- I strongly suggest hen thighs over hen breasts in gradual cooker recipes, as hen breasts are inclined to dry out shortly.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate hen in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm leftover hen in a Dutch oven on the stovetop over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1(of 6); with out riceEnergy: 340kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 28gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 88mgFiber: 8gSugar: 12g
Be part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.