Naturally candy and amazingly creamy, this Excessive Protein Strawberry Mousse tastes like selfmade strawberry ice cream with a lift of protein to maintain you glad!
How you can Make Strawberry Mousse
Mouse is a light-weight and ethereal dessert – totally different than thick and creamy pudding, or custard, and undoubtedly totally different than jello. Though it has elements of all of those, the secret is the whipping of components to include a lot of air.
This mousse recipe has contemporary strawberries as the bottom which is only a easy puree combining strawberries and honey. After your puree is made, you’ll whip each the egg whites and the heavy cream individually till they attain stiff peaks.
Most mousse recipes don’t add yogurt, however I needed to spice up the vitamin on this recipe and so it makes the right ingredient for that goal.
After all the pieces has been blended individually, you’ll gently fold all of it collectively. SO GENTLY!! You don’t need to break the air bubbles that make this mousse gentle, ethereal and deliciously clean.
The final step is to refrigerate to let it set. Then serve it should contemporary strawberries on prime!
The place Does the Protein in Strawberry Mousse Come From?
This recipe doesn’t have protein powders, however makes use of entire meals which might be naturally excessive in protein! The 2 protein sources are egg whites and Greek yogurt. Each of those not solely contribute protein, but additionally give this mousse an incredible texture!
The egg whites make it ethereal and fluffy, and the Greek yogurt makes it creamy. Soooo good.
How Do I Thicken Mousse?
What in case your mousse simply isn’t as thick as you want to and also you need to make it thicker? First, there are a number of causes that your mousse is perhaps too runny:
- The egg whites didn’t set correctly. You need to beat your egg whites till they type a stiff peak. It may be tough to inform the distinction between mushy peaks and stiff peaks. A stiff peak will stand straight up while you pull the combination up. A mushy peak will are likely to flop over.
- Cream wasn’t beat lengthy sufficient. The identical idea applies right here as with the egg whites. Be sure you are beating it to the stiff peak stage.
- The mousse will get overmixed. When you’re folding the components collectively, be sure to fold gently simply till mixed. For those who stir or fold an excessive amount of, it should break the air bubbles from the egg whites and your mousse might get a bit runny.
For those who adopted the recipe and none of these issues are an issue in your mousse, there are a few choices you possibly can attempt to add thickening to the mousse.
- Egg yolks. Egg yolks have a really robust thickening energy and could be added to mouse to make it thicker. To do that, carry a pot half crammed with water to a boil. Add 1 egg yolk to a stainless-steel bowl for every cup of completed mousse. Whisk the egg yolks till mixed and warmth them till they attain 160 F. Mix the egg yolks with the completed mousse.
- Cornstarch. That is sort of a final possibility as a result of it should flip your mousse into extra of a pudding. To do that, combine 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1/2 tablespoon of chilly milk for each 1 cup of completed mousse. Add the cornstarch slurry to a small quantity of strawberry puree; then warmth it till it thickens. Let it cool to room temperature earlier than including to your mousse.
How Lengthy Does Mousse Take to Set within the Fridge?
For this mousse recipe, the best time is to let it set within the fridge for about 3-4 hours. You possibly can examine it earlier and take a look at if it has set to your desire.
What Are the Fundamental Components for Mousse?
Mousse is made up of only a few components: the bottom, the aerator, the flavour enhancer, and the thickener. For this recipe, the bottom is the Greek yogurt, the aerator is the egg whites, the flavour enhancer is the strawberry puree and honey, and the thickener is heavy cream.
Extra of Our Favourite Strawberry Recipes
I WOULD LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! For those who make this Excessive Protein Strawberry Mousse recipe, will you permit a remark and star ranking under? Your suggestions is tremendous useful for SHK dad and mom and different readers who’re fascinated with making the recipe. Thanks!
- 1 cup strawberry puree 10-12 medium strawberries
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 medium egg whites
Mix strawberries in a blender till clean. Stir in honey. Put aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites with lemon juice with a hand mixer till they type stiff peaks.
In a stand mixer or one other medium bowl, whip heavy cream till stiff peaks type. Gently fold in Greek yogurt and strawberry puree.
Lastly, very gently fold in whipped egg whites attempting to not break the air bubbles. Place within the fridge for 3 hours or till thickened and set.
Spoon into particular person containers and serve!