Searching for a hands-off, simple facet dish? Time to outsource the work to your strain cooker and provides these creamy Prompt Pot Mashed Potatoes a strive!
Wealthy, Parmesan-topped, and peppered with contemporary herbs, these luscious, creamy mashed potatoes are the stuff of meal legend.
Serve them at a gathering, and put together to have your loved ones request this actual recipe on repeat! You may be the Mashed Potato Queen/King, an honorable title certainly.
Much like my emotions about Selfmade Scalloped Potatoes, till I began making these explicit mashed potatoes, they had been my least favourite web site at a vacation feast (blasphemy, I do know!).
Oven Roasted Potatoes? Gimme that crispy goodness. However mashed potatoes? I didn’t get what the fuss was all about.
Positive, I put a scoop of mashed potatoes on my plate on the holidays—to omit them would one way or the other really feel improper—however my coronary heart was by no means in it. I’d a lot quite be devouring an additional serving of Wholesome Candy Potato Casserole as an alternative.
These mashed potatoes, nonetheless? I CANNOT GET ENOUGH.
5 Star Evaluate
“Completely superb! I didn’t assume mashed potatoes may very well be this good!”
— Christi —
Now that I’ve found the great thing about cooking potatoes within the Prompt Pot (and the magic of including Parmesan and a secret creamy ingredient), I really favor the Prompt Pot model to the stovetop model.
The prep is way extra easy, the potatoes cook dinner extra shortly, and the ensuing texture is way superior. We love these Prompt Pot Mashed Candy Potatoes too!
These mashed potatoes aren’t solely dangerously easy to arrange, however they’re additionally extremely versatile.
Add garlic for a dreamy bowl of Prompt Pot garlic mashed potatoes, or strive them with cheddar cheese.
The probabilities are infinite, which means you’ll by no means develop weary of them.
And, with the lighter spin this recipe affords, you’ll be able to allow them to be the trusty facet dish you’ll be able to flip to any night time of the week!
The right way to Make Creamy Prompt Pot Mashed Potatoes
For this recipe, I set out in earnest to create mashed potatoes that will proper every part I deemed improper with most mashed potato recipes.
Goodbye watery, bland, gummy, and grease-oozing mashed potatoes.
Whats up, creamy, dense (in a great way), herby, frivolously tangy mashed potatoes of my goals!
- Yukon Gold Potatoes. I do know that amongst mashed potato lovers there may be sizzling debate over which potato makes *the* final mashed potatoes and that russets are the most typical. Actually? They aren’t my fave. I personally assume Yukon gold potatoes are greatest for mashed potatoes. Though they result in a reasonably extra dense mashed potato, they’re certainly not heavy, and their superior, almost-buttery taste and creamy texture make the swap greater than value it.
- Herbs. Mashed potatoes are extremely mild-mannered on their very own. A handful of contemporary chives brings them to life, and contemporary thyme offers them a savory style.
- Greek Yogurt. You should use Greek yogurt to switch milk in mashed potatoes. Should you like creamy mashed potatoes, Greek yogurt goes to be your new wholesome swap BFF. This recipe makes use of what’s going to really feel like an extreme quantity, however belief me and go along with it. Just like the extra conventional bitter cream, its thickness and physique make the mashed potatoes style decadent, and the sunshine tang offers the mashed potatoes a richer taste.
- Parmesan. I like the salty-sharpness that the ultimate sprinkle of Parm on high of the mashed potatoes provides. I’ve a urged quantity, however be at liberty to be extra liberal should you like.
- Add water and salt to the Prompt Pot. Place the potatoes in a steamer basket within the pot. It takes about 8 minutes on HIGH strain to steam potatoes within the Prompt Pot. Launch the strain.
- Drain the pot, then return the cooked potatoes to it. Add the remaining substances. Mash the potatoes. DIG IN!
You may hold mashed potatoes heat within the Prompt Pot for 1 to 2 hours. Flip your Prompt Pot to the “hold heat” setting, and stir the potatoes sometimes.
Whereas I really like the convenience of the Prompt Pot, you too can make this identical recipe on the stovetop:
- Peel and lower potatoes into 1 ½-inch-thick spherical slices. Place in a medium saucepan and canopy with chilly water so that you’ve not less than 1 inch above the potatoes. Stir in 2 teaspoons salt.
- Convey to a simmer to a low simmer and hold at a low simmer the entire time the potatoes cook dinner, adjusting the warmth as wanted. On the 18-minute mark, begin testing the potatoes for doneness. As quickly as a paring knife slides into the center of one of many potato slices simply, drain instantly. Proceed with the recipe as directed.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for 3 to 4 days.
- To Reheat. Reheat potatoes gently within the microwave or on the range with a splash of milk to maintain them from drying out.
- I don’t suggest freezing these mashed potatoes, as their texture could change into mealy as soon as thawed.
Meal Plan Tip
For greatest outcomes, make the recipe as much as 1 day prematurely. Cowl the potatoes tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate them. Reheat them gently in a bowl set over simmering water, thinning with a little bit of milk as wanted and stirring each 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan simply earlier than serving.
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Finest Prompt Pot
The Prompt Pot is a wonderful technique to velocity up cooking occasions and create one-pot meals. It’s one in every of my favourite kitchen home equipment!
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 2 ½ kilos Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and lower into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon floor black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped contemporary chives
- ½ tablespoon chopped contemporary thyme
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus further to style
Let your faucet run till the water could be very heat. Add ¾ cup to the underside of an Prompt Pot or electrical strain cooker. Stir in 2 teaspoons kosher salt till it dissolves. Insert the steamer basket and place the potatoes within the basket. Cowl and cook dinner on excessive strain for 8 minutes. Instantly launch the strain.
Drain the potatoes and take away the steamer basket and any extra liquid from the Prompt Pot. Instantly place the potatoes again within the Prompt Pot. Add the Greek yogurt, butter, pepper, chives, thyme, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. With a hand mixer, beat the potatoes on medium velocity till the substances are mixed and your required consistency is reached, being cautious to not overmix. (You can too use a potato masher or the again of a picket spoon). Style and regulate seasoning as desired. Switch to a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve heat.
- If the potatoes are thicker than you desire to at any level, stir in milk 1 tablespoon at a time till your required consistency is reached.
- TO KEEP WARM: To maintain the potatoes heat earlier than serving, place them in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Cowl the highest of the bowl with plastic wrap and stir the potatoes sometimes to make sure that they warmth evenly.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for 3 to 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Reheat potatoes gently within the microwave or on the range with a splash of milk to maintain them from drying out.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: For greatest outcomes, make the recipe as much as 1 day prematurely. Cowl tightly with plastic wrap, reheat gently in a bowl set over simmering water, thinning with a little bit of milk as wanted and stirring each 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan simply earlier than serving.
- TO MAKE ON THE STOVETOP: Peel and lower potatoes into 1 ½-inch-thick spherical slices. Place in a medium saucepan and canopy with chilly water so that you’ve not less than 1 inch above the potatoes. Stir in 2 teaspoons salt. Convey to a simmer to a low simmer and hold at a low simmer the entire time the potatoes cook dinner, adjusting the warmth as wanted. On the 18-minute mark, begin testing the potatoes for doneness. As quickly as a paring knife slides into the center of one of many potato slices simply, drain instantly. Proceed with the recipe as directed.
Serving: 1(of 8)Energy: 161kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 6gFats: 4gSaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 13mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2g
Be a part of right this moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.