It’s time to chill and calm down with this refreshing and brilliant Whiskey Smash cocktail. It has the basic taste you’re keen on with a enjoyable and festive St. Patrick’s Day twist.
A whiskey smash is a basic cocktail with simply 4 substances: whiskey, mint, lemon, and easy syrup or sugar.
You don’t want any fancy gear to make it, and also you’ll really feel like fairly the achieved dwelling bartender if you shake it up.
In case you aren’t a fan of whiskey and have questioned “how do you make whiskey tasty,” a whiskey smash is the right place to start out.
The brightness of the lemon and crispness of the mint make it extra refreshing than boozy, so it’s dangerously straightforward to drink.
In case you are a fan of whiskey, you could have observed similarities to what’s in a whiskey bitter or mint julep. All three are very quenchable choices.
However in case you ask me, a whiskey smash is one of the best ways to drink whiskey, particularly if you’re new to whiskey drinks.
Find out how to Make a Whiskey Smash
This can be a basic whiskey smash cocktail recipe with a couple of festive tweaks.
I changed the lemon with lime to make it inexperienced, used agave as an alternative of straightforward syrup as a result of I hardly ever have ready easy syrup available, and for St. Patrick’s Day, I used Irish whiskey.
In case you are making an attempt a whiskey smash for the very first time, I’d advocate beginning with the basic recipe utilizing lemon and common whiskey (or bourbon) as an alternative of the lime and Irish whiskey.
If, nonetheless, you might be already properly acquainted with this cocktail and need to strive a enjoyable vacation twist with this inexperienced model, by all means, CHEERS!
- Contemporary Mint Leaves. Mint groups up with the lime and agave to offer this cocktail its signature refreshing and funky style.
- Lime. Provides brightness and citrus taste to the cocktail. It offers the whiskey smash punch!
- Gentle Agave Nectar. A whiskey smash isn’t overly candy by any means. The agave is right here to make the smash style balanced.
- Whiskey. Irish whiskey is easy, mild, and very best for mixing into cocktails.
- Muddle the mint leaves, lime, and agave in a cocktail shaker or jar. Prime with the whiskey and ice.
- Cowl and shake. Pour the cocktail right into a glass, prime with ice, and garnish with mint. CHEERS!
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Cocktail Shaker. I really like this one! The shaker by no means sticks collectively if you attempt to open it, doesn’t leak, and is tremendous straightforward to wash.
- Muddler. To launch taste from the substances.
- Jigger. For essentially the most correct measurements.
This two-sided jigger is simple to make use of and dishwasher-safe. Excellent for all of your favourite cocktail recipes!
- 8 recent mint leaves plus further for garnish
- ¼ lime (for a inexperienced model) or lemon (for a basic model) minimize in half
- 2 teaspoons mild agave nectar or easy syrup
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey (for the inexperienced model); use bourbon or whiskey of selection for the basic model
- Crushed ice
Place the mint leaves, lime wedges, and agave within the backside of a cocktail shaker or mason jar. With a muddler or the deal with of a picket spoon, mash 4 to five occasions, simply sufficient to launch juices and oils. Add the whiskey and prime with a small handful of crushed ice.
Cowl and shake vigorously for 30 seconds to mix. Switch to an old school or related glass. Pile extra crushed ice on prime. Garnish with further mint sprigs. Get pleasure from instantly.
- TO MAKE A CLASSIC WHISKEY SMASH: For every drink, use ½ lemon as an alternative of the ¼ lime and a pair of ounces common whiskey or bourbon (I like Bulleit) instead of Irish whiskey. Or you are able to do lemon and Irish whiskey, which might be a scrumptious comfortable medium.
Serving: 1drinkEnergy: 214kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 1gFats: 1gSaturated Fats: 1gPotassium: 64mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 348IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of as we speak and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.