This vibrant Israeli Couscous Salad is the type of wholesome, comfortable, simple lunch that you simply’ll spend your complete morning trying ahead to consuming.
Not solely is it scrumptious, however this Israeli couscous salad with feta cheese, contemporary mint, and smoked paprika-lemon dressing can also be a simple meal to make.
It’s easy, nutritious, and excellent for a light-weight meal or summer-vibes aspect dish.
This couscous salad blends contemporary substances and shiny flavors, backed by a subtly smoky dressing and nutty complete grains.
5 Star Assessment
“That is my all-time favourite salad/aspect dish recipe! I make this as soon as per week with out fail, and I get compliments each time I serve it! Tremendous fast and so contemporary.”
— Kanya —
What’s Israeli Couscous?
In case you are not acquainted, Israeli couscous (often known as pearl couscous) is definitely a small, evenly toasted pasta.
It’s quick-cooking and makes a refreshing change of tempo in chilly pasta salads like this one.
Israeli couscous is wholesome, and the pearls nestle into each forkful. It’s not overly chewy and permits the opposite substances to shine.
Israeli Couscous vs. Common Couscous
What’s the distinction between Israeli couscous and common couscous?
- Israeli couscous is bigger in measurement than common couscous.
- Israeli couscous is ready by boiling, and common couscous will be boiled or steamed.
- Israeli couscous vitamin differs barely from that of normal couscous.
- Complete wheat Israeli couscous accommodates about 6 grams of fiber and seven grams of protein per serving, and common couscous has about 2 grams of fiber.
Tips on how to Cook dinner Israeli Couscous Salad
Though you could possibly add nearly any mixture of greens to a pearl couscous salad and have it end up properly, I’m particularly keen on the Mediterranean-inspired mix that we now have occurring in right now’s recipe.
- Israeli Couscous. The scrumptious grain for our salad! I used complete wheat couscous (which I additionally used on this Avocado Couscous Grapefruit Salad) on this recipe. As a result of complete grains are greater in fiber and protein than their white counterparts (and thus extra nutritious and satisfying), I desire to make use of them in my cooking when doable.
- Lemon Zest + Juice. Provides brightness and acidity.
- Dijon Mustard. A zippy and tangy addition to the dressing.
- Smoked Paprika. I really like the sunshine smokiness that paprika provides to the recipe.
- Arugula. Provides the salad spine and chew. Plus, it’s full of calcium, potassium, and nutritional vitamins.
- Cucumber + Cherry Tomatoes. Each cucumber and cherry tomatoes deliver pleasant freshness and shade to the salad.
- Feta Cheese + Mint. What really makes the Israeli couscous salad beam. Promise me you’ll not skip these two. The feta is creamy and satisfying, and the contemporary mint makes the salad style alive.
In the event you’d desire this as a sizzling Israeli couscous recipe, you could possibly serve it heat as an alternative (or give my Moroccan Couscous recipe a strive).
- Cook dinner the couscous (it takes about 20 minutes to cook dinner Israeli couscous). Fluff and put aside. You do not want to rinse Israeli couscous after cooking.
- Whisk collectively the dressing substances, then toss the combination with the couscous. Refrigerate for five to 10 minutes.
- Stir within the arugula, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and mint. DIG IN!
- To Retailer. Retailer leftover Israeli couscous salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- To Freeze. Whereas I don’t suggest freezing this salad because the greens will turn out to be mushy, you possibly can freeze cooked couscous in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge.
Meal Plan Tip
Cook dinner the couscous as much as 1 day upfront. Refrigerate it in an hermetic storage container.
For extra-filling leftovers, strive Israeli couscous salad with chickpeas or good-quality canned tuna. The lemony paprika dressing on this salad is a implausible pairing with the fish.
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Saucepan. Good for making this conventional Israeli couscous recipe.
- Mixing Bowls. This set will show you how to put together any recipe.
- Citrus Juicer. My favourite (and most-used) kitchen gadget.
The Finest Saucepan
A high-quality, sturdy saucepan like this one is a must have in each kitchen. You’ll apply it to repeat!
- 1 cup complete wheat Israeli couscous additionally referred to as pearl couscous
- 1 lemon zested
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 1 massive lemon
- 3 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 medium English seedless cucumber sliced and quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup crumbled lowered fats feta cheese
- ¼ cup evenly packed contemporary mint leaves chopped
Convey 1 ¼ cups water to a boil in a medium (2-quart) saucepan. Add the couscous, return to a boil, then cowl and cut back the warmth to a simmer. Let cook dinner till the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and put aside.
Within the backside of a big bowl, whisk collectively the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Style and add further seasoning as desired. Whereas the couscous continues to be heat, add it to the bowl and toss to coat. Place within the fridge for 5-10 minutes to permit the couscous to chill.
When able to serve, add the remaining substances: arugula, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and mint. Toss to mix. Serve chilly or at room temperature.
- TO STORE: Retailer leftover Israeli couscous salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Serving: 1(of 4)Energy: 319kcalCarbohydrates: 42gFats: 13gSaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 5mgFiber: 13g
Be a part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.