On Jan. 18, 2021, we rejoice the twenty sixth anniversary of the day of service commemorating the lifetime of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. What higher solution to honor his legacy than to interact in acts of service ourselves? Within the classroom, which may imply service studying. Service studying doesn’t simply profit the neighborhood. It additionally has a optimistic affect on college students within the type of improved management and communication expertise, sense of social accountability, and educational studying. This 30 days of service problem for college kids is a superb place to start.
The way to get began
- Obtain the 30 Days of Service Problem.
- Make copies or put up it in your LMS.
- Introduce the problem to your college students.
- Invite them to finish one field a day.
- Encourage them to make use of the checkboxes to maintain themselves accountable.
Kinds of actions
With our buddies at WE, we’ve give you 30 simple actions that college students can full in a day and will be completed with social distancing, resembling:
- Cleansing up rubbish on their avenue.
- Checking in on an aged relative.
- Gathering non-perishable objects for a neighborhood meals financial institution.
While you’ve accomplished the 30 days, take a while to rejoice finishing the problem and mirror on what you’ve gained from the expertise.