Love home made pie crust however hate the fuss of constructing it? This no roll Oil Pie Crust is the recipe you (and your candy and savory pastry desires) have been ready for!
A fast, easy pie crust recipe made with oil, flour, and a contact of sugar and baking powder, the one instruments it’s essential make it are a bowl and fork.
- Bye bye working butter into flour till it appears to be like simply so.
- So lengthy soiled rolling pin.
- DONE battle to coax pie dough right into a circle of acceptable diameter and uniform thickness!
To make oil pie crust, you stir the elements collectively, collect them right into a ball, then (after a little bit of refrigerating), press them immediately into your pie dish or tart pan along with your fingers.
In the event you’ve struggled to make home made pie crust (even simpler pie crust recipes like this Darn Good Complete Wheat Pie Crust), oil pie crust goes to be your new BFF.
Even in case you are a pie crust grasp, the duty of constructing crust is—let’s be sincere—a ache.
The duty can provide you pause when deciding whether or not or to not bake a pie or quiche (a part of the rationale I usually go for Crustless Quiche as an alternative).
Oil pie crust goes to deliver quiches, pies, and tarts again into your life extra commonly. Huzzah!
This no roll olive oil pie crust recipe has develop into my go-to when I’m making savory recipes (this Candy Potato Quiche and Goat Cheese Quiche are keepers), and you can too use it on your favourite candy pies, from Candy Potato Pie, to Buttermilk Pie, to any of those pie recipes.
Along with being exponentially simpler to arrange, oil pie crust is a more healthy various in comparison with butter-based pie crust recipes.
Don’t fear—I stored sufficient oil to make sure the crust stays flaky and moist (as any respectable pie crust needs to be), however it’s nonetheless significantly lighter than conventional recipes and store-bought crusts.
5 Star Assessment
“I really like that that is mild AND requires no rolling.”
— Marcie —
Find out how to Make Oil Pie Crust
Admittedly this oil pie crust appears to be like a bit alarming if you are making it—greater than as soon as, you’ll see the crumbles and ask your self in case you are doing it proper. Belief me, YOU ARE.
Although not as picturesque in look as basic pie crust, oil pie tastes phenomenal and its texture is surprisingly flaky.
- Oil. Not solely does oil make this pie crust simpler to handle, but it surely additionally provides wealthy taste to the crust. With oil, the crust doesn’t lose any of its beloved flakiness, and it comes along with a lot much less effort in your finish.
- Vinegar/Vodka. Including one in all these two elements is my secret trick that makes this pie crust completely flaky and tender.
Each vinegar and vodka assist inhibit gluten formation within the flour, which leads to a extra tender, flaky crust. (The alcohol will burn off throughout baking.)
- Sugar. A modest quantity of sugar is all that’s wanted to reinforce the flavour of this pie crust.
- All-Goal Flour. The perfect flour to make use of for this mild and flaky pie crust.
- Salt. Salt offers the pie crust a taste enhance with out making it style salty. Don’t skip it!
- Chilly Water. Chilly = flaky.
- Whisk the dry elements collectively.
- Mix the moist elements in a separate bowl.
- Add the moist elements to the dry elements.
- Stir till integrated.
- Kind the dough right into a ball, cowl the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While you’re prepared to make use of the dough, press it right into a pie dish. Bake as directed on your desired recipe. ENJOY!
Doubling the Recipe
In the event you’d like to make use of this recipe to make a high crust, it makes a yummy crumble high that’s someplace between a pie crust and a streusel.
- Double the recipe, then divide the dough into two parts, with one portion barely bigger than the opposite. Refrigerate as directed.
- When able to bake, press the bigger portion into the underside of the pan as directed. Par-bake (if obligatory for the recipe), add your filling, then crumble the remaining portion excessive.
Make Forward & Storage Ideas
Oil pie crust is a make-ahead marvel!
- To Make-Forward. Put together the dough as directed and refrigerate for as much as 2 days.
- To Freeze. Tightly cowl the pie dough in plastic wrap and place it in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than utilizing.
Meal Plan Tip
For straightforward pie crust prep, double or triple this recipe and freeze the dough in portion-sized quantities for future pie cravings.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Whisk. The smaller dimension of this whisk makes it straightforward to make use of.
- Pie Dish. I really like that this one is dishwasher-safe and freezer-safe.
- Mixing Bowls. A spectacular set of stackable mixing bowls.
The Greatest Pie Dish
An attractive pie dish is a vital device in my kitchen. It’s excellent for savory pies, candy pies, and extra!
What’s the very first thing you wish to make with this more healthy no roll oil pie crust?
No matter recipe you select, you’ll be able to congratulate your self on the finish: you simply made a killer pie with wholesome, home made crust and averted the disagreeable family activity of constructing conventional pie crust.
You deserve two slices!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar*
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup olive oil or canola oil**
- 3 tablespoons chilly water
- ½ tablespoon vodka or distilled white vinegar
In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
In a separate bowl, mix the oil, water, and vodka.
Pour the moist elements over the dry elements.
With a fork, stir till the elements are evenly moistened.
Along with your arms, collect the dough right into a tough ball within the bowl (it will likely be crumbly). Press a sheet of plastic tightly towards the highest and refrigerate for 1 hour.
When prepared to make use of, flip the dough out into your pie dish and along with your fingers, press it into a fair layer alongside the underside and up the edges (it is a no roll pie crust). Use in any of your favourite candy or savory recipes!
- *In case you are utilizing this recipe for a dessert, improve to 2 to three tablespoons of granulated sugar (or you’ll be able to preserve it as is for a much less candy pie crust).
- **The flavour of the oil you employ will have an effect on the ensuing taste of the crust. Canola oil will yield essentially the most impartial taste. You can also use olive oil in the event you like the flavour within the crust (that is good for savory recipes). Melted, cooled coconut oil will work as properly (once more, it would have an effect on the flavour of the crust).
- In the event you’d wish to make 2 crusts, you’ll be able to double the recipe. Since this filling doesn’t roll, it doesn’t work for a conventional type high pie crust however makes a scrumptious streusel-ish high crust for candy pies. Double the recipe, press 2/3 of the dough into the underside of the pie dish, and add your filling. Combine the remaining dough with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, then sprinkle the rest excessive of candy pie filling and bake as directed.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate pie dough for as much as 2 days.
- TO FREEZE: Tightly cowl the pie dough in plastic wrap and place it in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than utilizing.
Serving: 1serving (about ⅙ of the crust)Energy: 227kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 3gFats: 12gSaturated Fats: 2gPotassium: 50mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gCalcium: 12mgIron: 2mg
Be part of in the present day and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.