My wildest desires are coming true as a result of, thanks to those straightforward no bake Protein Balls, cookie dough is now a well being meals!
Clear-eating accredited, low carb, and protein-packed, these wholesome power bites style like chocolate chip cookie dough however are made fully from healthful, good-for-you substances.
As somebody who mutates into Oscar the Grouch when she’s hungry, I’m continually on the lookout for straightforward, wholesome snack concepts.
Name it hanger-management.
These cookie dough protein balls are every little thing I might ask for in a wholesome snack:
- Fast and Straightforward. We’re speaking one bowl, no baking. Like my reader favourite Power Balls recipe, you don’t want to make use of a meals processor.
- Low in Sugar. Simply 1 ½ tablespoons of honey is all it’s good to sweeten these protein balls, so they’re good for you and will provide help to keep away from power crashes.
- Excessive Protein. These pack 7+ grams of protein per ball, which is spectacular for a from-scratch recipe. One or two of those retains me full.
- TOTALLY DELISH. Did I point out that they style like chocolate chip cookie dough?
5 Star Evaluate
“Made this yesterday and it was completely scrumptious. I’ll positively be making these once more very quickly.”
— Max —
Methods to Make Excessive Protein Balls
Not all protein balls or power balls are good for you. Many recipes are so sugar packed, they’re higher loved for dessert.
Additional, if power balls are low in fiber or protein, they’ll usually conceal numerous energy, with out really filling you up.
With all of my power ball and power bar recipes, I preserve the added sugars to a minimal, use pure substances, and pack in as a lot protein and fiber as potential. These protein balls aren’t any exception!
- Vanilla Protein Powder. Protein powder isn’t just for severe weightlifters or that man on the fitness center whose t-shirt is simply too tight. I repeatedly add protein powder to my smoothies and no bake recipes like this one to make them extra satisfying and guarantee my physique has the gas it wants. You don’t want to fret that it’ll make you bulk up, belief me!
- Coconut Flour. This once-trendy ingredient is now mainstream. Coconut flour can be utilized as an alternative of oats in protein balls. It’s extremely excessive in fiber, protein, and offers a wealthy texture to baked items—or, within the case of those protein balls, to no-bake items. Use it to make any of those coconut flour recipes.
- Nut Butter. Extra protein, together with heart-healthy fat. Additionally, soooooo tasty. Be happy to swap peanut butter as an alternative (what I exploit in my go-to Peanut Butter Protein Bars).
- Honey. Simply 1 ½ tablespoons is all you want.
Like oats, coconut flour is warmth handled earlier than it’s packaged. It’s suitable for eating uncooked oats in power balls, in addition to uncooked coconut flour (the warmth remedy means it’s not actually uncooked).
- Stir all the substances collectively in a mixing bowl. Regulate the quantity of almond milk/coconut flour till you might have a consistency that’s straightforward to roll.
- Roll into 12 balls and refrigerate. Take pleasure in!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate protein balls for as much as 2 weeks within the fridge (actually, I really feel these final virtually indefinitely however we by no means have them round that lengthy!). I like consuming these proper out of the fridge, however you may allow them to stand at room temperature first should you favor.
- To Freeze. Place the power balls in an hermetic storage container or ziptop bag. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge.
Meal Prep Tip
Make a double batch, retailer half within the fridge, then freeze the opposite half for wholesome snacks on demand.
Advisable Instruments to Make this Recipe
All-Function Mixing Bowls
This stacking set is straightforward to retailer and versatile.
When a recipe is as yummy and EASY as these cookie dough protein balls, wholesome snacking is deliciously enjoyable.
I’m utterly addicted to those cookie dough protein balls, and I hope that you simply love them simply as a lot.
Whether or not you’re on the lookout for an on-the-go snack, a post-workout reward, or a candy after-dinner deal with, these bites have you ever lined.
Protein Balls Video
If you happen to get pleasure from this protein balls video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel. Make sure to click on the BELL icon so that you could be the primary to know once we put up a brand new video (and thanks for subscribing!).
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter you should utilize pure nut butter, or the shelf-stable form
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder about 2 scoops—use plant-based protein powder to make dairy free
- 1/3 cup coconut flour or oat flour* plus 1-2 tablespoons extra as wanted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-4 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of alternative or water
- 2 tablespoons darkish chocolate chips
To a big bowl, add the almond butter, protein powder, ⅓ cup coconut flour, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and a couple of tablespoons almond milk. Stir till the combination types a dough that’s gentle sufficient to roll into balls, however not overly sticky. Add extra coconut flour or almond milk as wanted to get the proper consistency. Stir within the chocolate chips.
Roll into 12 balls. Take pleasure in instantly or retailer within the fridge for later.
- *Coconut flour is probably the most excessive protein and low carb choice for these protein balls. It’s also grain free. If you happen to favor to not buy coconut flour, you should utilize oat flour. To make your personal oat flour, pulse oats in a meals processor till easy, then measure and use within the recipe as directed. (I don’t advocate wheat flour, as its style will probably be off-putting and in contrast to coconut flour and oat flour that are warmth handled as part of processing, it’s not suitable for eating wheat flour with out cooking it additional first.)
Serving: 1ballEnergy: 124kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 7gFats: 7gSaturated Fats: 2gSodium: 10mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2g
Be a part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.