When is the final time you had golden, crispy Roasted Fingerling Potatoes? If the reply is something apart from 90 seconds in the past! (and—let’s be trustworthy—even whether it is) it’s time to make this recipe!
Some nights, it’s traditional white potatoes that hit the spot.
Whereas common Oven Roasted Potatoes definitely fulfill a spud craving (we not often have leftovers after I make them), one thing about roasted fingerlings feels particular and connoisseur.
What are Fingerling Potatoes
- Fingerlings look a bit like stubby, miniature potatoes. They’re rectangular and are available in quite a lot of sizes and colours.
- Fingerlings are thin-skinned, waxy, and roast up crispy exterior and creamy inside.
- Their delicate taste makes them a straightforward pairing with a variety of your favourite predominant dishes.
I like to serve roasted fingerlings at dinner events (they’re excellent alongside Stuffed Pork Tenderloin or Salmon Wellington), as a lot as I do on a Tuesday night time with easy Baked Rooster Breast.
My mates by no means fail to return for seconds on a sizzling pan of fingerlings—one other reminder that anybody being trustworthy will admit they’ve a mushy spot for crispy, golden potatoes.
Easy methods to Make Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Fingerlings are wonderful for quick meals, as a result of they’re fast and simple to prep.
- Fingerling potatoes don’t should be peeled previous to roasting, a BIG BENEFIT over common potatoes like those used to make Baked French Fries. Their skinny skins virtually style candy and are key to a golden, crisp exterior.
- Fingerlings require little or no chopping previous to roasting. Merely slice them in half lengthwise, and they’re able to go.
- Fingerling Potatoes. Fingerling potatoes are wholesome, they usually possess all of the insanely addictive attributes of standard potatoes in a small, bite-sized package deal. They’re wealthy in nutritional vitamins, antioxidants, and potassium.
- Olive Oil. To assist the potatoes crisp up.
- Garlic. The garlic roasts with the potatoes and turns into deliciously candy and caramelized.
- TOPPINGS! Whereas delish with simply salt, pepper, and olive oil, fingerlings are simple to customise. I included my favourite roasted fingerling potatoes with dried herbs, garlic, and Parmesan beneath.
- Rinse, dry, and halve the potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes with oil, garlic, and spices in a mixing bowl.
- Place the potatoes cut-side-down on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 levels F for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Flip twice throughout baking.
- Add an additional pinch of salt and every other desired toppings. ENJOY!
Fingerling Topping Concepts
- Parmesan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan excessive of your roasted potatoes simply earlier than serving.
- Garlic. This recipe makes use of garlic as written, and I extremely advocate attempting it! Toss your potatoes with 3 cloves of minced garlic earlier than roasting.
- Herbs. For fingerling potatoes with dried herbs, toss ½ teaspoon of your favourite dried herb (thyme is scrumptious right here) with the potatoes earlier than roasting. If you happen to choose recent herbs, add 2 tablespoons of your favourite minced recent herb (I like parsley) excessive of the roasted potatoes simply earlier than serving.
- For extra concepts, take a look at the 5 methods to season roasted greens in my cookbook.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftover potatoes in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm potatoes on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Whereas I don’t actually advocate freezing potatoes (they’ll turn out to be mealy when thawed), in the event you insist you’ll be able to freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Advisable Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Finest Baking Sheets
Heavy-duty baking sheets are a must have kitchen software. They’ll assist you to put together the whole lot from roasted veggies to meats to desserts!
In any case this speak of crispy, golden, creamy potato goodness, I’m able to play Sizzling (roasted fingerling) Potato! Are you?
- 1 ½ kilos fingerling potatoes
- 2 ½ tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic about 1 tablespoon
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt divided
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan non-obligatory
- 2 tablespoons minced recent parsley
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F.
Rinse and dry the potatoes. Trim off any unhealthy elements (don’t peel). Minimize the potatoes in half lengthwise.
Switch the potatoes to a big bowl. Add the oil, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, thyme, and pepper. Along with your fingers (best) or a big spoon, toss to mix.
Switch the potatoes to a big rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. For finest outcomes, flip the potatoes so the reduce sides are flat in opposition to the pan. Be sure that the items don’t contact.
Bake till the potatoes are browned and crisp and tender sufficient to simply pierce with a fork, 30 to 40 minutes relying upon the scale of the potatoes. Flip the potatoes twice throughout cooking, spreading them again into an excellent layer every time.
Take away the potatoes from the oven. Sprinkle with the parsley, Parmesan (if utilizing), and remaining ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Stir to mix. Serve sizzling.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftover potatoes in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm potatoes on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1(of 4); with out ParmesanEnergy: 213kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 4gFats: 9gSaturated Fats: 1gPotassium: 740mgFiber: 4gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 178IUVitamin C: 37mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 2mg
Be part of at this time and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.