You may signal me up for the sheet pan weight loss plan. Endlessly versatile, wholesome, and the only technique to make a flavorful meal with just one dish to scrub on the finish, sheet pan suppers like this Italian Sausage and Peppers can be your trustworthy weeknight dinner date.
This recipe is loaded with Italian attract, extremely filling, and pleasant both by itself or as a simple add-on to pasta, sandwiches, and extra.
It’s weeknight-friendly and weekend-worthy blended into one dish.
This recipe has change into our go-to weekend lunch after I wish to hold it simple and am craving one thing that’s equal elements wholesome and hearty.
In the summertime, we flip this Italian sausage recipe into sandwiches or end our sausage and peppers with sauce and cheese.
Within the winter, we love sausage and peppers and potatoes for a comfy meal. (This Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers is one other versatile favourite.)
The mixture of the spice and juiciness of Italian sausage with the sweetness of bell peppers is the sort of traditional, don’t-mess-with-it combo that I prize in Italian delicacies. The elegant is within the easy.
Making this sheet pan sausage and peppers within the oven is unbelievably simple, quick, and versatile sufficient to please everybody you serve it to!
5 Star Overview
“What a unbelievable meal! I’m so joyful I discovered this recipe. Not solely was it tremendous simple, however it was tremendous yummy too! Additionally, clean-up was a breeze.”
— Liv —
The best way to Make Sausage and Peppers within the Oven
This straightforward Italian recipe is the simplicity of a summer time day, became a wholesome, one-pan dinner of juicy morsels of Italian sausage pan roasted with strips of candy bell peppers, savory onions, and Italian spices.
Whether or not you might be keen on candy Italian sausage recipes or scorching Italian sausage recipes, this dish has you lined. You should use any sort of precooked sausage you want. (Don’t miss the opposite delicious Italian sausage recipes on my web site.)
- Italian Sausage. Oven baked Italian sausage is scrumptious (and the best and finest technique to cook dinner sausages in my view)! You should use both rooster or turkey Italian sausage for this recipe.
- Bell Peppers + Onions. Bell peppers and onions style spectacular with the Italian sausage. They change into tender, candy, and delicious as soon as roasted.
- Pink Wine Vinegar. For a contact of acidity and tanginess.
- Spices. A mix of salt, black pepper, dried basil, dried oregano, and pink pepper flakes offers this dish Italian aptitude and addictive taste.
- Organize the sausage, peppers, and onions on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Toss with the olive oil, vinegar, and spices.
- Bake at 400 levels F. Peppers and sausages will take about 25 to 35 minutes within the oven. DIG IN!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Reheat gently within the microwave or in a non-stick skillet over medium-low warmth.
- To Freeze. Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Do that Italian sausage and peppers with rice, cauliflower rice, or inside a toasted hoagie bun with a slice of provolone cheese (bonus factors for warming it within the oven to soften the cheese).
For sausage and peppers pasta, serve this dish with complete wheat noodles and tomato sauce.
I additionally prefer to sauté the leftovers with spinach, then high them with a fried egg for a tasty brunch (or brinner!).
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Baking Sheets. Good for making this baked sausage and peppers recipe.
- Parchment Paper. Helps hold elements from sticking to your baking sheet.
- Spatula. This one is right for tossing and flipping.
The Finest Baking Sheets
An important and extremely versatile kitchen device. These will take you from sheet pan meals to roasting greens to baking and extra!
- 1 12 ounce package deal precooked Italian rooster or turkey sausage lower into ½-inch rounds (I used spicy Italian rooster sausage)
- 1 medium pink bell pepper sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 1 small yellow onion sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pink wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon contemporary grated black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon pink pepper flakes plus further to style
- Elective for serving: thinly sliced contemporary basil, chopped contemporary parsley, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F. For simple clear up, line a big, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the lower sausage, bell peppers, and onions within the middle of the pan.
Drizzle with the olive oil and pink wine vinegar, then sprinkle with the garlic, salt, basil, oregano, black pepper, and pink pepper flakes. Toss to mix, then prepare in a single layer.
Bake for 25-35 minutes, till the peppers are as tender as you want, tossing as soon as midway by. Take away from the oven and serve scorching.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Reheat gently within the microwave or in a non-stick skillet over medium-low warmth.
- I additionally prefer to sauté the leftovers with spinach, then high them with a fried egg for a tasty brunch (or brinner!).
- Further serving concepts: do that Italian sausage and peppers over rice or cauliflower rice, inside a toasted hoagie bun with a slice of provolone cheese (bonus factors for warming it within the oven to soften the cheese), or with complete wheat pasta noodles and tomato pasta sauce.
Serving: 1(of 4), about ¾ cup cooked sausage and peppersEnergy: 301kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 14gFats: 23gSaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 60mgPotassium: 184mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1328IUVitamin C: 97mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of right this moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.