I’m ever on the prowl for simple one-pan meals, and this Sheet Pan Mediterranean Shrimp is every thing I all the time want.
Juicy shrimp tossed with a medley of recent greens and pantry herbs, topped with a bathe of feta cheese, and livened up with a squeeze of lemon, it’s precisely the recipe to clean up (and assist out!) your dinner plans for the week.
The vibrancy, dietary worth, and common sensation of being surrounded by blue water have lengthy made Mediterranean meals certainly one of my favourite genres, whether or not I’m eating out or cooking dinner at residence.
When you additionally love Mediterranean meals or are striving to comply with a Mediterranean food plan make sure to take a look at my full record of Mediterranean-inspired recipes.
This time as an alternative of the stovetop, we’re enlisting the assistance of a trusty and true kitchen workhorse: the half sheet pan.
From one-pan meals like Sheet Pan Rooster with Rainbow Greens and Sheet Pan Shrimp and Broccoli, to stellar sides like Roasted Brussels Sprouts, with our buddy the sheet pan, a wholesome meal is rarely removed from grasp.
Make Sheet Pan Mediterranean Shrimp
Straight from the pan, this Mediterranean meal affords servings of lean protein and veggies, plus satisfaction-factor components like feta, olives, and lemon.
To spherical out the meal, serve it with brown rice or Lemon Rice for dinner, then benefit from the leftovers on prime of greens the subsequent day for a Greek-inspired salad.
- Shrimp. The scrumptious lean protein part of our meal. Shrimp prepare dinner in minutes and are full of nutritional vitamins and minerals.
- Artichoke Hearts. An earthy veggie that immediately offers this dish a Mediterranean taste and really feel. Plus, they’re wealthy in fiber and antioxidants.
- Grape Tomatoes. Little, candy pops of shade and taste.
- Kalamata Olives. Richly-flavored kalamata olives add to the Mediterranean aptitude of this dish and provides it a touch of saltiness.
- Crimson Onion. With their stunning shade and scrumptious style, crimson onions are a wonderful addition to this recipe.
- Zucchini. Candy and delicious. Zucchini can also be wealthy in antioxidants and fiber.
- Lemon Zest + Juice. Provides brightness and acidity that emphasizes all of the Mediterranean flavors.
- Feta. Salty, creamy feta cheese pairs splendidly with the opposite components on this dish.
- Parsley. A bathe of parsley provides freshness and helps the opposite flavors pop.
- For the greens: Whisk the marinade components collectively in a bowl.
- Add the greens and toss to mix.
- Bake the greens at 450 levels F for 12 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp with the marinade components.
- Place the shrimp on the baking sheet with the greens.
- Bake for six to 10 minutes extra. Take away from the oven, and prime with feta, parsley, and lemon juice. DIG IN!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 2 days.
- To Reheat. Very gently rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F.
I don’t advocate freezing this dish, as the feel of the shrimp and greens won’t maintain up as soon as thawed.
Meal Plan Tip
Combine the vegetable sauce collectively as much as 1 day prematurely and refrigerate it. Chop all of the greens as much as 1 day prematurely. Refrigerate them in a separate hermetic storage container.
Serve leftovers over a mattress of lettuce for a straightforward and engaging spin on a Greek salad (they might even be scrumptious served over this Arugula Salad). Or, toss shrimp and greens with scorching or chilly pasta for both a heat pasta dish or pasta salad. Drizzle with additional lemon juice and olive oil as wanted.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Greatest Baking Sheets
Whether or not you’re baking cookies, making an attempt a sheet pan meal, or roasting veggies, these sheet pans are vital merchandise in your kitchen.
If one-pan prowess speaks to you too, make sure to take a look at my full assortment of one-pot meals.
Like this sheet pan Mediterranean shrimp, they show you don’t have to soiled a bunch of dishes to ship a delish dinner!
FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- 1 medium lemon zest and three to 4 tablespoons juice, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus further for serving
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper plus further serving
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 to 14 ounces quartered artichoke hearts (canned or jarred), drained and patted dry
- 1 pint grape tomatoes left entire
- ¼ cup kalamata olives pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 crimson onion lower into ½-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini
FOR THE SHRIMP:
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice from the identical lemon above
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed crimson pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound jumbo uncooked shrimp, (16 to twenty rely) peeled and deveined
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent parsley
- Ready lemon rice or brown rice or toasted baguette slices for serving
Preheat the oven to 450 levels F. Line a big rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Prepare dinner the greens: Zest the lemon into a big bowl. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice (reserve the lemon’s remaining juice for the shrimp and serving), oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Whisk to mix.
Add the artichokes, tomatoes, olives, and onion.
Trim off the ends of the zucchini, then quarter lengthwise so that you’ve got 4 batons. Slice the batons crosswise into ½-inch items. Add them to the bowl with the opposite greens. Together with your fingers or a big spoon (fingers are simpler) toss to coat.
Switch the combination to a big rimmed baking sheet and unfold it into an excellent layer (hold the bowl helpful; no want to wash it but). Place within the oven and bake till the tomatoes start to melt and launch their juices, about 12 minutes.
Prep the shrimp: Whereas the greens are cooking, in the identical bowl you used for the greens, stir collectively 1 tablespoon lemon juice, oil, oregano, crimson pepper, garlic, and salt. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
Take away the baking sheet from the oven and add the shrimp (discard any liquid that collects within the bowl). With a big spatula, stir to mix the shrimp and greens collectively. Unfold again into an excellent layer.
Return to the oven and proceed baking till the shrimp are pink, opaque, and cooked by means of, 6 to 10 minutes extra relying upon the scale of your shrimp. Don’t overcook! As quickly because the shrimp look opaque and pink, they’re cooked.
Take away the pan from the oven. Sprinkle with the feta and parsley and squeeze the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice excessive. Season with a pinch of further salt and black pepper to style. Serve heat with rice or baguette slices.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 2 days.
- TO REHEAT: Very gently rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F.
- I don’t advocate freezing this dish, as the feel of the shrimp might change as soon as thawed.
Serving: 1(of 4), with out bread or riceEnergy: 328kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 29gFats: 16gSaturated Fats: 5gLdl cholesterol: 302mgPotassium: 628mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1419IUVitamin C: 51mgCalcium: 313mgIron: 4mg
Be a part of right this moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.Register