I really feel like I’ve been prepping all my life to make these excellent Stuffed Peppers. Succulent pink bell peppers stuffed with a hearty, flavorful mix of lean floor beef, rice, and cheese, together with a zesty mix of herbs and spices, they’re the all-in-one wholesome meal that ties collectively so lots of my favourite recipes!
We aren’t any strangers to stuffed peppers, you and I.
In truth, I appear to have created one for each want and craving!
Overkill? Provided that you get bored with wholesome all-in-one dinners that reheat like a dream, create minimal soiled dishes, and that the whole household fortunately inhales with gusto!
Round right here, stuffed peppers are a lifestyle.
In my typical “take the scenic route” model, nevertheless, evidently I got here to each variation of stuffed pepper earlier than I gave you the one you’re actually in search of: a go-to, traditional stuffed pepper recipe that’s preferrred for on a regular basis enjoyment.
These simple, wholesome stuffed peppers take the “better of” each stuffed pepper recipe I’ve listed to this point.
The recipe is most intently impressed by my Stuffed Pepper Casserole. It’s one in every of my web site’s all-time hottest recipes, adored by toddlers, choosy companions, and discerning wholesome eaters alike. These stuffed peppers are simply as fabulous!
As a place to begin, I made these stuffed peppers with beef, rice, and cheese, however they’re a lot greater than the sum of their elements.
You even have loads of choices to mess around with the recipe.
- Make these stuffed peppers with floor turkey or with sausage.
- Swap the rice for quinoa (or make the stuffed peppers low carb with cauliflower rice).
- Take it a vegetarian route. I’ve options for you beneath.
Methods to Make Stuffed Peppers
The filling comes collectively rapidly on the stovetop, and the peppers are a breeze to stuff.
I’ve additionally eradicated as many further steps as doable. For instance, you don’t have to cook dinner peppers earlier than stuffing them. As an alternative, pour a little bit of water into the pan to make sure they soften rapidly and correctly.
- Bell Peppers. Vitamin- and fiber-rich bell peppers act as a wholesome, colourful, and tender vessel for the flavorful filling.
- Floor Beef. Lean floor beef is an excellent supply of protein. It’s filled with taste and pairs properly with the spices, tomatoes, and cheeses. You would additionally use floor hen or turkey if you happen to choose.
- Brown Rice. Including a grain like brown rice helps make the recipe extra filling. For stuffed peppers with out rice, attempt the recipe with farro, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or orzo as an alternative (if utilizing orzo, make certain it’s actually al dente).
- Recent Spinach. Recent spinach cooks down and blends seamlessly into the filling, making it an exquisite wholesome sneak. Spinach is filled with iron and nutritional vitamins.
- Fireplace Roasted Tomatoes. Since this can be a stuffed peppers with out tomato sauce recipe, I selected to make use of a can of daring and flavorful hearth roasted tomatoes. They pack tons of taste into the filling with one simple ingredient.
- Spices. Italian seasoning, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper add main taste to the filling.
- Cheeses. As a result of a lid of melted cheese is a real crowd-pleaser! I used a mixture of pepper jack cheese and sharp cheddar cheese. If you need a much less spicy model of the recipe, you would swap extra cheddar for the pepper jack, or attempt stuffed peppers with rice and mozzarella as an alternative.
- Slice the peppers and lay them in a baking dish.
- Brown the meat and onion. Add the seasonings.
- Stir within the spinach.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Take away the combination from the warmth, then stir in your grain of alternative and a part of the cheeses.
- Pile the filling into the peppers, topping every with the remaining cheeses. Add water to the underside of the baking dish.
- Bake stuffed peppers at 375 levels F for 30 to 35 minutes. Add desired toppings. ENJOY!
Stuffed Pepper Suggestions & Tips
- Hold the Peppers from Getting Soggy. Don’t over bake your peppers. They’ll get mushy and soggy if cooked too lengthy. Additionally, keep away from including any further liquids to the filling earlier than baking to maintain the peppers from getting soggy.
- Make Certain the Peppers are Fork Tender. When you don’t need your peppers soggy, you actually don’t need them underdone. When correctly baked, it is best to be capable of simply pierce the peppers with a fork. If the peppers aren’t tender by the point the cheese is melted and the filling is scorching, merely tent the pan with foil and proceed baking till they’re. The period of time you want can range primarily based in your oven, explicit baking pan, and the dimensions of your pepper.
- Reduce the Pepper in Half from Stem to Finish. When baking peppers within the oven, I discover splitting them from high to backside, then laying the peppers flat on their again within the baking dish makes them simpler to stuff and ensures they keep upright. If all your peppers don’t slot in one pan, you’ll be able to bake the extras in a separate, smaller baking dish similar to an 8×8-inch pan.
- Recent Herbs. Parsley and cilantro would each be scrumptious.
- Greek Yogurt. Swap much less wholesome bitter cream for equally cool and creamy non-fat plain Greek yogurt. It’s tangy and scrumptious on these peppers.
- Avocado. Sliced avocado is all the time a crowd-pleasing topping.
Pair this dish with a Zinfandel, Merlot, or Sauvignon Blanc.
Make Forward and Storage Suggestions
- To Retailer. Refrigerate peppers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F.
- To Freeze. Freeze peppers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Plan Tip
Reduce and core the bell peppers as much as 1 day upfront, and refrigerate them in an hermetic storage container. Prepare dinner the filling as directed as much as 1 day upfront. Let cool, then refrigerate it in a separate hermetic storage container. Fill and bake peppers as directed simply earlier than serving.
Reduce your leftover stuffed peppers into small items, rewarm them, and luxuriate in them on high of greens like a salad. Or, cube up and reheat the stuffed peppers and pile them into tortillas for a spin on burritos.
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Dutch Oven. The proper cookware merchandise for making ready the pepper filling.
- Baking Dish. You’ll use this stunning dish on repeat.
- Hamburger Chopper. The best software for stirring and breaking apart floor meat.
The Finest Dutch Oven
A high-quality, heavy-duty Dutch oven like this one will final a lifetime. It’s nice for making ready recipe substances, making soup, and a lot extra!
These crowd-pleasing, wholesome stuffed peppers are actually the whole bundle. If you happen to attempt the recipe, I’d love to listen to what you suppose!
- 4 giant bell peppers any combine of colours you want; pink is our favourite
- 1 pound lean floor beef 93% lean
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon floor black pepper
- 2 cups roughly torn contemporary spinach
- 1 15-ounce can hearth roasted diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup cooked brown rice farro, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or orzo (if utilizing orzo, undercook it barely)
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese or extra cheddar
- For serving: chopped contemporary parsley or cilantro
Preheat your oven to 375 levels F. Frivolously coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Slice the bell peppers in half from high to backside down via the stem. Take away the seeds and membranes then organize reduce aspect up within the ready baking dish.
Warmth a Dutch oven or related deep, extensive skillet over medium excessive. Add the meat and onion. With a wood spoon or spatula, break the meat into small items. Prepare dinner and stir till the meat is browned and totally cooked via and the onion is tender, about 7 minutes. Drain of any extra fats.
Stir within the Italian seasoning, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Let cook dinner 30 seconds.
Stir within the spinach a number of handfuls at a time, cooking till it wilts down; this can take between 1 and a pair of minutes.
Pour within the can of diced tomatoes together with the juices. Let simmer for 1 minute.
Take away the pan from the warmth. Stir within the rice (or your grain of alternative), ¼ cup of the cheddar, and ¼ cup of the pepper jack. Style and add extra salt and/or pepper as desired.
With a spoon, mound the filling inside the peppers, then high with the remaining cheeses. The peppers will likely be very full.
Pour a little bit of water into the pan with the peppers—simply sufficient to scantly cowl the underside of the pan. I prefer to put the water in a liquid measuring cup, then fastidiously pour it across the outdoors (watch out to not pour it into the peppers themselves).
Bake the stuffed peppers uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes, till the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted. High with parsley or cilantro. Serve scorching.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate stuffed peppers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm leftovers in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze peppers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1pepper half (of 8)Energy: 223kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 17gFats: 11gSaturated Fats: 5gLdl cholesterol: 51mgPotassium: 425mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2912IUVitamin C: 81mgCalcium: 155mgIron: 3mg
Be part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.