Join together with your plant facet and prepare dinner up an excellent meals black bean Vegan Burger!
Flippantly crisp outdoors, tender (not mushy!) inside, and boasting an intense savoriness that you just wouldn’t count on in a vegetarian burger recipe, these are hands-down not solely the perfect vegan burgers—they’re the most effective burgers, interval—I’ve ever tasted.
Made with “tremendous meals” components like black beans, almonds, flaxseeds, and extra, these patties of smoky satisfaction come collectively in a single bowl, pack a whopping 12 grams of protein per burger, and received rave opinions from a desk of carnivores.
Vegan burgers are fairly the recent merchandise in the marketplace proper now, with quick meals chains even beginning to supply them.
The issue with most vegan burgers you purchase versus make from scratch (and why vegan burgers will be unhealthy) is that they’re extremely processed.
This do-it-yourself vegan burger recipe? It’s nothing however the great things.
5 Star Evaluate
These are so good! I simply preserve coming again to those after I want a veggie burger recipe. My meat-eating household loves them as effectively!
— Giovonne —
These vegan black bean burgers will depart you feeling full, joyful, and looking out ahead to leftovers.
Along with the veggie burger in my cookbook, they’re my favourite plant-based burger recipe.
Make The Greatest Vegan Burger
Though I’m a long-time fan of well-made veggie burgers for his or her easy components and well being advantages (see this Portobello Mushroom Burger and my crowd-favorite Mediterranean Quinoa Burger with Solar-Dried Tomatoes and Feta), I’ve do have one main, er, beef with customary veggie burger recipes: most don’t comprise sufficient tummy-satisfying protein to maintain me full for greater than an hour or so.
Not so with these excessive protein vegan burgers! Because of protein-rich, and high-fiber components, they’ll maintain you for hours.
Let’s recap what makes this power-packed vegan burger recipe so tremendous.
- Black Beans. A wonderful supply of fiber, protein, and minerals.
- Floor Flaxseed Meal. Wealthy in immune and brain-boosting omega-3s, antioxidants, and fiber.
- Almonds + Pepitas. Nuts and seeds are a artistic vegan burger concept that you just’ll come again to many times. They add the umami that’s typically lacking from different meatless burger recipes.
Whereas I’ve prompt my favourite mix of nuts and seeds on this recipe, be at liberty to mess around. You possibly can swap walnuts for the almonds for a walnut burger, use all hempseeds as a substitute of flaxseeds (or vice versa), or attempt your personal mix.
- Rolled Oats. Extra fiber! These vegan burgers are right here to maintain you full.
- Crimson Pepper + Crimson Onion. For a pop of colour, added vitamin advantages, texture, and slight sweetness.
- Hemp Seed Hearts. Simply three tablespoons comprise a whopping 10 grams of full protein. Hemp seeds are additionally low carb, making them a good selection for these following a paleo weight loss program or who should be carb aware. Howdy, SUPER FOOD.
- Spices. Smoked paprika, cumin, and chili powder give these burgers a smokiness you’d sometimes solely count on from the grill. No bland burgers for us!
- Avocado. My #1 vegan burger topping of alternative. It gives the richness and creaminess that you just’d sometimes get from cheese, whereas holding the burgers dairy free.
- Pulse the pink pepper and onion in a meals processor. Switch to a mixing bowl.
- Mix the almonds, seeds, flaxseed meal, garlic, and spices within the meals processor. Add the combination to the bowl with the pink pepper and onion.
- Puree the black beans, oats, and water within the meals processor. Stir them into the bowl with the opposite components.
- Form the combination into burger patties, then lay them on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 levels F. Flip and bake for five to 10 extra minutes. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate burgers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 5 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze burgers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Plan Tip
Put together the burgers as directed up till baking. Individually wrap every burger, then refrigerate for as much as 2 days or freeze for as much as 2 months.
Pack further protein right into a salad (like this Mexican Pasta Salad) by including a diced-up vegan burger.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Greatest Meals Processor
Simple to make use of and nice for a wide range of completely different ingredient prep strategies.
Tremendous meals, tremendous flavors, tremendous satisfaction. I can really feel the great vibes emitting from our kitchens already!
Vegan Burger Video
Should you take pleasure in this black bean vegan burger video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel. Be sure you click on the BELL icon so that you will be the primary to know after we submit a brand new video (and thanks for subscribing!).
FOR THE BURGERS:
- 1 massive pink pepper cored and roughly chopped
- ½ small pink onion roughly chopped
- ½ cup uncooked almonds
- ¼ cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seed hearts
- 2 tablespoons floor flaxseed meal chia seeds, or further hemp seed hearts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 can black beans, (15 ounces) rinsed and drained
- ½ cup rolled oats gluten free if wanted
- Complete grain buns for serving
- Sliced tomatoes, avocado, arugula, sliced pink onions, avocado, plain yogurt (dairy-free if wanted), mustard
Place a rack within the heart of your oven and preheat to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
Place the pink pepper and onion within the bowl of a meals processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse till minced. Switch the combination to a big mixing bowl.
To the meals processor, add the almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, flaxseed meal, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika. Mix till it has mixed into a rough grainy combination. Scrape into the blending bowl with the onion and pink pepper.
Place the black beans, oats, and a pair of tablespoons water within the meals processor and puree till the beans are principally clean with a number of small items remaining. Switch to the blending bowl and stir to mix.
Scoop the burger combination in ⅓ cup parts into your fingers. Form into palm-sized patties which might be about 1 inch thick. Organize on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake 5-10 further minutes, till heated via and the outsides are frivolously crisp. Serve on buns with any desired toppings.
- Leftover baked burgers will be saved within the fridge for 5 days. Reheat gently within the microwave. Individually wrapped unbaked patties will be refrigerated for two days or frozen for two months.
Serving: 1(of 6), with out bun or toppingsEnergy: 277kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 14gFats: 13gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 1gPotassium: 474mgFiber: 10gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 790IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 83mgIron: 4mg
Be a part of as we speak and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.