Let’s speak about that second if you end up so blissfully misplaced in one thing you’re consuming, the sound of your fork hitting the underside of the plate truly startles you. That was me and this creamy, pretzel-crusted Vegan Chocolate Pie.
One second, I used to be standing innocently at my counter, a near-full dish of pie in entrance of me.
The subsequent, I used to be watching an virtually empty pie dish questioning who had snuck into the kitchen behind me and eaten two-thirds of the pie whereas I wasn’t trying.
I do a 360 and…
Nope. Empty kitchen. That was simply me. Consuming the whole pie. Oops.
Fortuitously, if ever there have been a chocolate pie applicable for sprucing off solo, this vegan pie recipe (or maybe this Vegan Pumpkin Pie) is the one to decide on!
5 Star Evaluate
“Scrumptious! This turned out nice! And it was very simple to make. Creamy, easy, VERY CHOCOLATEY mousse.”
— Sarah —
This vegan chocolate pie tastes just like the decadent chocolate cream pie you’d anticipate at an old style diner, however the filling is:
- Utterly vegan (!)
- Naturally sweetened (!!)
- Full of protein (!!!)
- AND constituted of a lineup of nutritious elements which may simply go away you feeling justified consuming a slice for breakfast.
The best way to Make Vegan Chocolate Pie
Right here’s easy methods to make the vegan chocolate fudge pie of your goals, my goals, and the goals of anybody and everybody who has ever wished that consuming a slice of chocolate pie was the dietary equal of consuming a salad.
With no crust, the chocolate filling can function an OMG-good vegan chocolate pudding that’s a bit lighter than my favourite Avocado Chocolate Mousse (one other successful recipe for better-for-you ingredient sneaks).
Strive the chocolate mousse by itself or sprinkled with bonus toppings similar to:
- Whipped coconut cream
- Sliced bananas
- Recent berries
- Crushed graham crackers
- Crumbled Oreo cookies (Ben’s favourite and technically vegan too)
- Pretzels (my private favourite)
- Pretzels. To take this chocolate mousse filling to the subsequent stage, I poured it right into a pretzel crust. I opted for a pretzel crust as a result of I’m hopelessly smitten with all issues salty/candy.
- Frozen Bananas. These sweeten the chocolate pie naturally and contribute to the filling’s wealthy, creamy texture. Plus now that there’s fruit concerned, we will mainly name this a parfait.
- Cocoa Powder. I needed this recipe to style as shut as attainable to a traditional French silk pie, and meaning we’re utilizing chocolate in any approach we will. Making this vegan chocolate pie with cocoa powder leads to a pie that’s each extra intensely chocolaty and has fewer energy than if we used common chocolate alone.
- Melted Darkish Chocolate. Go as darkish as you dare, and don’t skimp. The higher high quality your chocolate, the higher the chocolate mousse pie.
- Almond Butter. Hi there good fat, protein, and chocolate’s BFF.
- Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk. Nope, we aren’t stopping with the chocolate but. I used unsweetened chocolate almond milk. You will discover it each refrigerated and shelf secure sections of the grocery retailer.
- Tofu. WAIT! Please come again. I pinky swear that this doesn’t in any respect style like a chocolate pie with tofu.
Tofu In Dessert (It really works!)
The tofu is right here for texture functions solely. When you mix it with the opposite elements, tofu makes the filling so lusciously creamy, anybody who tastes it is going to suppose it’s a chocolate mousse pie with cream cheese or pudding, not tofu.
The tofu additionally makes this vegan chocolate pie excessive in protein. Are you craving this for breakfast but?
- Put together the crust after which bake in a preheated 350 diploma F oven for till golden.
- Place the crust the freezer or fridge to chill fully. DO NOT skip this step!
- Make the filling, then pour into the cooled crust. Refrigerate till set. High, slice, and ENJOY!
Should you don’t have pretzels available (or they’re merely not your factor), listed below are a number of different equally scrumptious crust choices:
- Vegan Chocolate Pie with Graham Cracker Crust. Add the filling to a graham cracker crust as an alternative. I think it will be nothing in need of magnificent.
- Vegan Chocolate Pie with Pie Crust. Traditional French silk pie recipes name for normal pie crust, which is one other tasty possibility. I’ve this recipe for Entire Wheat Pie Crust or Oil Pie Crust in the event you’d prefer to go this route.
- No Bake Vegan Chocolate Pie. Should you’d prefer to preserve this a 100% no bake chocolate pie, for the reason that filling is already no bake, all that you must do is use a no-bake pie crust recipe just like the one on this no-bake Chocolate Ganache Tart.
Nonetheless, you determine to serve this vegan chocolate pie, go away all pretenses of self-control behind.
As I discovered within the kitchen the day this simple chocolate pie got here into my life, it isn’t the type of dessert that enables it.
Fortuitously, because of this vegan chocolate pie filling’s lighter ingredient lineup, you’ll be able to let free and know that you just’re doing dessert (or, ahem, breakfast) in a extra nourishing approach.
- To Retailer. Retailer leftover pie within the fridge for two to three days.
- To Freeze. Pie might be tightly wrapped and frozen for as much as 1 month. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge.
Should you’d prefer to make simply the filling and eat it like a chocolate pudding or mousse, retailer it in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3 to 4 days. The banana taste will change into barely extra pronounced, however it is going to nonetheless be yummy.
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Pie Plate. When doubtful, a traditional white pie plate is the best way to go. This one will final a lifetime.
- Pie Server. Despite the fact that a fork is admittedly all you want for digging into this vegan pie.
A blender with a high-powered motor provides you with the smoothest, silkiest filling.
For the Pretzel Crust:
- 3 1/2 cups complete mini pretzels or skinny pretzel sticks, use gluten-free pretzels to make the pie gluten free
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or vegan butter (1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Chocolate Mousse Pie Filling:
- 12 ounces tender, additional tender, or silken tofu (1 bundle) (I used tender; don’t use any number of agency tofu, because it won’t have the correct creamy texture)
- 1 cup frozen banana slices about 5 ounces
- 1/2 cup almond butter or different nut butter of alternative
- 1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate almondmilk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 ounces good-quality chopped darkish chocolate or chocolate chips, about 1 1/3 cups (I used Dealer Joe’s 72% darkish chocolate bar), dairy free if wanted
For Bonus Topping (Elective):
- Whipped coconut cream chopped chocolate, additional crushed pretzels
Make the crust: Place a rack within the middle of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Within the bowl of a meals processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse the pretzels till they kind principally fantastic crumbs with a number of extra textured items remaining all through. Should you don’t have or want to not use a meals processor, place the pretzels in a ziptop bag and crush them with a rolling pin (chances are you’ll have to double up the bag if it will get any small holes).
Soften the butter in a big, heatproof bowl within the microwave. Add pretzel crumbs (it’s best to have about 1 1/2 cups; make a number of additional or subtract as wanted) to the bowl with the melted butter. Add the sugar, after which stir till evenly moist and mixed. The crumbs ought to maintain collectively simply when pressed. If they don’t, add 1 to 2 tablespoons extra melted butter. Press the crumbs into the underside and up the sizes of a 9-inch pie dish. Bake for 8 minutes, till golden and aromatic. Put aside to chill barely, after which place within the freezer or fridge to chill fully. Don’t proceed with the recipe till your crust and pie dish are at or under room temperature.
Make the filling: Whereas the crust cools, place the tofu, frozen banana, almond butter, chocolate almondmilk, and cocoa powder in a blender. Mix till fully easy. In a microwave-safe bowl or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, soften the chocolate, after which add it to the blender and mix once more till very easy, stopping to scrape down the blender as wanted. Strive your highest to not eat the whole factor proper then and there.
Pour the filling into the cooled crust and easy the highest. Refrigerate till set, not less than 6 hours or in a single day. When able to serve, high with whipped coconut cream, chocolate, and pretzels as desired. Slice and luxuriate in!
- Pie might be tightly wrapped and frozen for as much as 1 month. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge.
- Retailer leftover pie within the fridge for two to three days.
- Should you’d prefer to make simply the filling and eat it like a chocolate pudding or mousse, retailer it in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3 to 4 days. The banana taste will change into barely extra pronounced, however it is going to nonetheless be scrumptious!
- Extra crust choices: Should you want to not do a pretzel crust, you’ll be able to swap a graham cracker crust, common pie crust, or just benefit from the filling by itself as a scrumptious vegan chocolate mousse.
Serving: 1(of 12)Energy: 377kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 8gFats: 23gSaturated Fats: 10gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 8gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 21mgPotassium: 370mgFiber: 5gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 252IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 4mg
Be part of at present and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.