Staring down the week forward and discovering the thought of arising with a wholesome breakfast each morning barely demoralizing? Say hiya to this Whole30 Candy Potato Breakfast Bowl!
Made with cooked candy potatoes, nut butter, and heat spices, it’s grain free, extremely nutritious, and heat and comfy too.
The key to this bowl’s attract is to warmth the cooked candy potatoes on the range to accentuate their taste, then whipping them with a hand mixer.
Heating offers the candy potatoes an extremely wealthy taste, and whipping creates a fluffy texture will make you’re feeling such as you’re being served at a flowery mattress and breakfast (anybody personal one and wish to invite me over?).
The candy potato base reheats properly, so be at liberty to make a giant batch of this breakfast for meal prep.
One of the crucial frequent requests I obtain this time of yr is for vegetarian Whole30 breakfasts. Since you possibly can’t eat oatmeal on Whole30, meat and egg-based breakfasts (just like the sausage on this Whole30 Breakfast Casserole) are a pure alternative.
That stated, even for non-vegetarians, consuming meat each morning—then typically once more at lunch and dinner—loses its luster. Therefore, the recognition of those Entire 30 Vegetarian Energy Bowls, that are savory and scrumptious any time of day.
However what about if you end up bored with eggs AND meat AND savory gadgets usually? (Whole30 guidelines out added sugars too, so I additionally obtain many requests for Whole30 candy breakfast recipes.)
That’s the place these (100% naturally candy, sugar-free) candy potato Whole30 breakfast bowls are available in!
A Whole30 candy breakfast with NO eggs, these straightforward breakfast bowls shall be a welcome reprieve. You additionally definitely don’t have to be following Whole30 to take pleasure in them!
Ben and I don’t adhere to any explicit weight-reduction plan, and we’ve been loving beginning our mornings with these filling, nutritious bowls.
Like lots of you, I’m in reset mode trying to up my vegetable consumption.
Candy Potatoes at Breakfast
If the thought of candy potatoes at breakfast sounds odd to you, I’m asking to your religion.
- Cooked candy potatoes are splendidly, naturally candy with none sugar required.
- They pair fantastically with heat spices you already love at breakfast (assume cinnamon and nutmeg).
- A contact of nut butter enriches the candy potatoes and makes this wholesome recipe wealthy and satisfying.
Among the finest methods to be sure you get your servings of veggies is to start out with them within the morning. It’s why I’m sharing a smoothie recipe each week this month (this Inexperienced Smoothie kicked us off).
On the identical time, nevertheless, I’m typically chilly once I get up, and a chilly smoothie doesn’t all the time enchantment. It’s good to have a heat possibility like these breakfast bowls.
You’ll go wild for the fluffy texture too!
Methods to Make Whole30 Candy Potato Breakfast Bowls
Questioning what you possibly can eat for breakfast on Whole30? Look no additional than this mix of candy potatoes, almond butter, and almond milk.
To make the bowls extra-filling, high them off with Whole30-friendly elements like pepitas, chopped nuts, and choose fruits like blueberries and pomegranate seeds.
You may eat bananas on Whole30 sparsely, so if that works to your weight-reduction plan plan, a number of slices of bananas style glorious atop these bowls as effectively.
If you happen to aren’t following a Whole30 weight-reduction plan, you should utilize as a lot fruit as you want or add your favourite granola.
These on the lookout for a Paleo breakfast can comply with this recipe as is, or add a drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup, although personally, I discover the bowls candy sufficient simply as they’re.
- Candy Potatoes. Candy potatoes are each extremely nutritious and scrumptious, making them a wonderful technique to begin the day and an exquisite base for our bowls. They’re full of fiber, nutritional vitamins, and minerals.
- Almond Butter. Helps make the breakfast bowl additional filling and offers it wealthy taste.
- Yogurt (optionally available) + Almond Milk. If you happen to aren’t following a Whole30 weight-reduction plan however are on the lookout for a grain-free breakfast, add Greek yogurt for a protein enhance. You can also use a non-dairy yogurt or omit it.
- Vanilla + Spices. Vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ginger add a much-needed cozy issue and completely complement the candy potato.
- Add the cooked candy potatoes to a saucepan.
- Beat within the remaining elements.
- Stir for a few minutes, then serve with desired toppings. DIG IN!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm candy potato bowls in a saucepan over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Plan Tip
- If you wish to make these bowls for meal prep, double or triple the recipe. Then, portion the combination into hermetic storage containers (like these). Once you’re able to serve, switch the combination from one of many containers right into a microwave-safe bowl or saucepan and reheat within the microwave or on the stovetop. Add your favourite toppings.
- You can even prep your toppings prematurely. Wash and dry any fruits, then retailer them in an hermetic storage container within the fridge. Toast and chop your pecans, and retailer them at room temperature.
Advisable Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Saucepan. Good for making these Whole30 breakfast bowls.
- Hand Mixer. Helps beat the elements collectively for a creamy combination.
- Rubber Spatula. This heat-resistant spatula is my favourite.
The Finest Saucepan
This high-quality pan will final you a lifetime. It’s a vital device for any kitchen!
Searching for extra Paleo and Whole30 pleasant recipes? I’ve a complete assortment of Whole30 recipes so that you can peruse. Every of them is both Whole30 naturally or is simple to adapt to be so.
Love candy potatoes as a lot as we do? Be sure you decide up a replica of my cookbook. I’ve 5 other ways to high them off for simple, wholesome, all-in-one meals. Every is extra scrumptious than the one earlier than it.
No matter weight-reduction plan you comply with—Whole30, Paleo, or the one I most take pleasure in “it should be yummy or why trouble?”—these healthful breakfast bowls are right here to maintain you heat, cozy, and glad. I hope they’re simply the change of tempo you’re craving.
- 1 small/medium candy potato about 8 ounces, cooked (baked or cooked within the crockpot or Immediate Pot; see notes to microwave)
- ½ cup yogurt Whole30 compliant if wanted, or nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- Pinch floor ginger
- Pinch kosher salt
- For serving: pumpkin seeds chopped toasted pecans, blueberries, pomegranate seeds (optionally available)
- TO MAKE A POTATO IN THE MICROWAVE: Clear your candy potato. Poke a number of holes within the pores and skin of the potato with a fork. Microwave it on a microwave-safe plate till it pierces simply with a fork. One potato will take about 5 minutes.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm candy potato bowls in a saucepan over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1bowl (with out toppings)Energy: 373kcalCarbohydrates: 53gProtein: 17gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 5mgPotassium: 1022mgFiber: 9gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 32063IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 308mgIron: 2mg
Be a part of right this moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.